• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Westfalia trailer hitch correct ID plate

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1961bluebug

Reaction score
Hello, after a long time I have these Westfalia ID plates available. These will work on any aircooled Westfalia trailer hitch - beetle, split bus, bay window, Type 3 and I wouldn´t hesitate to use on a T25 either.

jac1p3.jpg

They are produced with correct original etching method on an aluminium plate, so when you run your fingers across, you can feel the structure of the surface.
I decided to make a small run after I found wrong plates sold on ebay, probably printed and with spelling errors - see picture below and compare with my plate.

21mfbs9.jpg

I recommend bolting these on with stainless self tapping screws or - if you want a correct look, use aluminium or stainless rivets. Do not use copper or brass rivets when riveting aluminium to steel trailer hitch.

ID plate to be stamped with regular 4mm size die, ideally on a metal underlay, with just a light force. Remember the plate is aluminium=soft! If you need info what numbers to stamp on, you can easily find through Google.

Please keep in mind that on late bays the tongue weight had been increased to 75kg. I do not have a specimen for manufacture of this version, but I sold many 50kg version plates and nobody reported a problem with DVLA, TUV, MOT etc.

If you are interested in a batch purchase, contact me.

20GBP/piece shipping included everywhere

Latest posts