Westy Campmobile interior

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspo13

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. Just rebuilding the sink/coolbox unit to fit in my LHD 68.

The old one is scrap and had the spice rack mounted facing the sliding door as per normal. But the one I've got to rebuild has obviously had the spice rack mounted on the other side, as though it was mounted into the cab walkthrough.

The unit has no holes on the side where I'd expect it to have them so I know that no one has previously 'modded' it.

I thought that the early campmobiles were pretty much made for U.S. market and were all LHD. All I can think is that I've ended up with a RHD unit, hence the holes on the other side of it. Did they make em RHD? The panels are the light coloured wood by the way.

Does anyone out there have a sink and a water filler neck & cap?

Cheers

There is a guy called westy frank who does westy bits try him son 8)

sorry not got a link :oops:

RHD Earlies were made for the South African market (SO67R) It sounds like you have one.

Frank has an eBay shop or is at http://www.vwbusparts.freeserve.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but it may be as easy to search thesamba or US eBay

:)

Tried ringing Frank but no-one ever picks up the phone and I don't seem to be able to leave a message. :(

Unit is still sat in my conservatory as I just cant bring myself to drill holes in a perfect side panel. Just how 'rare' is a RHD sink unit or am I just worrying about it for nothing?

Its the only thing that isn't completed in the van and I need some help to make my mind up.

RHD units are very rare as apposed to the lhd units which are just very hard to come by.

If its all you need to complete your van then Id get on with it. :)

I'll bite the bullet this evening and get the spice rack attached!

If anyone has a westy sink, filler tap or sink lid please let me know.

don't know if this is any use for the parts you want but try cool campervans on 01332 661342, I passed his garage one day and had a chat. Seems he's a real westy fanatic and was buying up any he could find to renovate or use as patterns, he may have the parts you want and isnt a million miles from chessy.

Also I have a 71 campmobile and I'm unsure if I want to keep my sink unit, purist in me says keep, practically i'd like to get rid. If you have no joy soon then give me a shout and see if I've made my mind up.

cheers
Ginga

Latest posts