Westy continental Bed questions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt84

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Like a few people I removed the single bunk from my early Westy and am now looking to replace with a continental style bed, I’ve been keeping an eye out but no originals ever seem to come up for sale.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of the VW Evolution one?
Also, does it make the pop top a lot heavier to push up, how have you guys managed with it?

Thanks in advance

Matt

My experience with Westys is rather limited but there have been a few threads here and on the LateBay about making them. I wouldn’t have thought the actual bed would be attached to the pop top but I may be wrong, I was under the impression that they’d be attached to the shell of the bus and I was guessing to the roof section. So I can’t see it being heavier however it may be a tad more ackward because of bed interfering with your movements but there’s bound to be a Westy owner gonna read this sometimes soon :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,nice conversions,,, so I’ve heard :shock: :mrgreen:

Coolcampers/Totallytrimmed reproduce
this bed.
The bed is fixed to the cab roof on brackets and is kept up when not in use then lowered down at night.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I had an original one - ended up selling on here! They do make the roof heavier to lift as the og one fixed to the poptop with a toggle on each side to the roof inside, same type toggles that hold the roof down

Latest posts