westy window refurbishment?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rik24

Reaction score
Have just got 2 full seal set to restore my westy windows before i jump in and have a go any tips or tricks? :D

Strip them all down and take the bits to a metal polisher or use polishing mops to clean em up.Life is too short for autosol and elbow grease.I had to use wd type spray to get them back together with the new seals around the oblong glass.look nice when done

Doing mine at the mo. This job is an absolute arse! My advice would be strip one glass out completly and see if you can get the new seal in before stripping the lot. Did this myself , and it took me ages to get the seal in. So have given up replacing the seals around the glass. am now cutting out the bits of seal that are nackered, and sealing them up with grey silicone sealant insteed. looks just as good, and far less hastle. all the other seals gone in well. cleaned them up with fine wet and dry. look a treat now! well one does! just starting the other tonight. good luck with it! ;)

im struglging with the two seals that run behind the 3 louvered windows do you drill out thr rivetts and take apart completley?? :?

Split the outer frame screws in each corners then remove screws from hinges to glass frames then four screws around glass frame the frame around glass will be tight on old rubbers sand channels out with sand paper before fitting new rubbers a little grease helps get them in

if you mean the ones that run vertically, i had the same problem, ended up cutting a slither off the edges, bit of washing up liquid, and they went in no problem, without removing the rivets.

Latest posts