What a bitch!!!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICH-I-AM

Reaction score
My van went in for paint over the winter and came out luvly :mrgreen: . Only thing is when the paint job is nice you (i) dont want to stick old, pitted, dented, warn parts back on. Unfortunately money has been tight and putting it back together has been a very slow process. As it has windows and door handles missing etc and i live in a shite area (needs more than a JK cover to protect it) ive been given permission by my boss to keep it in an empty building at work. Which was fine till yesterday when the rates man from the council payed a visit.
Not paying rates on an empty building = not alowed to store my bus there = instant eviction from afore mentioned building.
Luckily enough i was sort of getting vibes that my van shouldnt have been there for a while and coincidently was speeking to a business owner on the trading estate about possibly renting a space in his workshop for my van.
Only problem is he's not going to want me in and out of there like a fiddlers elbow every few days doing stuff to it :( .
So its sort of going into storage for a year or so. It will be safe and dry but untouched for possibly a year dependant on finances :( .
Im gutted!!!
On the plus side the engines comming out on friday night as its had a leak thats been getting on me tits for ages so il be getting on with that.
Also il be spending this time to source all the parts i need to finnish the job properly.
Take a look at my thread in the gallery.
I think you will agree, so near but yet so far :( .

Rich

Hi Rich,
man you're gonna miss her! I know how you feel,I should of had mine back last year. Think positive though mate,you'll be able to get the parts spruced upwithout being under pressure,and you won't be worring about any damage to your new paint - sounds like it'll be safe.just keep thinking about how it'll look with all your new bits fitted.
Cheers - Rob

i'm sure it will all be worth it in the end, when you get your like new bus back in a year or so i'll properbly be taking mine off the road, for work thanks to our shit weather. good luck

It went today :cry:
But i managed to pull the motor out on friday so that will keep me busy whilst Pats (my bus) in storage :) .
Still gutted though. Was possibly, maybe thinking of selling it when its done and get something else. But to be honnest i feel gutted already and i still own it :!:

Rich

Not good mate, but just think how sweet it'll be when you get it back. 8) And you can have some fun with the engine in the mean time

No contract so can get it back when i like :mrgreen: .
And its safe where it is. Going to spend this year getting all the bits i need ie... mirrors, door handles etc so when i get it back it should be a quick finnish.

Rich

Autojumbles and haggle like a bast**d mate, thats how i got most of my parts.
Was some great stuff when i was looking, way better then the new stuff.

What parts do you need? I've got loads of bits in the garage :roll: