What have you done ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s hear about anything you do in your van :? Anything unusual, keep it clean though or cleanish maybe better. ;) On Friday , I had to take Mrs Ozziedog to the ladies barbers to make her even more beautiful than she is now :p So you wouldn’t believe that was possible now would you. So I drop her off to get a little more colour added :roll: and was told to come back in two and a half hours and she would ring me when this minor miracle had been acheived :D A series of unusual events happened. It was an absolutely fab day and the sun was out and everybods had their summery clothes on , even I had my extra large Bombay Bloomers camo shorts on . So I drop Mrs Ozziedog off at the miracle workers in the middle of Bristol town right by the water and promptly hot foot it off to my favourite cafe for my bestest meal of a ginormous salad and a jacket spud with lashings of home made chilli. I’ve sorted this out in world record time :lol: So I go for a cruise about in the town in the glorious sunshine in my little bus. Suns out and the sceneries brilliant and most of Bristol has a 20 speed limit, perfect for cruising and showing off your wheels to the tourists in the town. I cruise about so much that I’m busting for a pee and there’s nowhere to stop and spend a penny in town without going into a multi storey that you may or may not get stuck in :shock: So we put our foot down and drive just out of town to a friendly Tesco and saved the day. I drive back to town now but even I’m getting peed off driving around and around and around, almost to the point of the van is almost dizzy. So I spot a parking place at the top of Park street which is quite a steep hill lined with trendy shops right in the middle of town by the uni. Danny Mckaskill did some sort of bike race up this hill a couple of years back. So I park up so I don’t run out of petrol then I sit there waiting for about twenty minutes and I’m just about-cheesed off with waiting by now . So I’m thinking I’ll get a coffee and I look around and spot a water bottle in the back of the van, have I got my little Halfords cooker? YES, water yes, cooker yes, kettle???? YES any coffee ? Oh Yeah, perfect. So I set the kettle on my side cabinet by the slider next to the kerb and make some coffee. Within seconds, people are stopping, “Nice van mate” then “Ooooh these are worth a fortune bud” “love your wheels doooood” and all that sort of stuff. A door or two down is a sort of a surf shop and the guys have come out of there and the owner is trying to do a deal on my van and he seems to think that two or three grand should be getting his arm ripped off :mrgreen: And I’m loving it.
Take your time Mrs Ozziedog :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, and all that before the kettle boils, love that whistle :mrgreen:

There's a bloke on here always raving about pictures, 'we love picys' , 'get your pictures on' , ' picys we love, let's see them' etc etc

Best get your pics on before he comes along......

Last year I drov
e my mum 3miles out of town to nice quiet road in evening sun, cooked dinner and brought her back home. Silly, but she loved it. Great little vehicles aren't they for doorstep fun

Live near the coast so see a lot of tourists when I pop down to my local beach. Ozzie made me laugh. No relaxing with similar type questions. ‘I used to have one’. ‘Did you do it up yourself?’ And yes, ‘Worth a b****y fortune mate are’t they?’ Worth a fortune to my sanity I want to say. Used every day for work, rest and play. The thing I’m really looking forward to is driving to Coventry, visit my Dad and take him out to Ryton Pools Country Park. He had a T25 and when my Mum and Dad wanted a day jaunt, this was their favourite place. ‘Kettle on, picnic packed and all’s well with the world’ was their sabbatical. Off around the country for longer trips. Dad has sold it now after Mum died. So he’ll love a Dub day. Me and my wife? Same really. Out locally, shopping, chilling, working and holidays. It’ll sit out front of house ready for use every day of the week. Can’t wait for ours to be done and dusted renovation wise.

Well ,, I’ve been a bit under pressure because it’s a birthday weekend at ours. One nephew was twelve yesterday, and one nephew will be forty two tomorrow and ll be sixty two tomorrow. So some of the famalam got me tickets to events and stuff and the rest clubbed together and got me this.

Now how fab is that, and it’s the complete set too.
Did a bit of culinary fancying about this week and made some Ferrero Rocher ice cream cakes, guess who ate too many :(

Now to try and get up the pub with all that icecream and chocolate inside me. :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, good job it’s just once a year innit :mrgreen:

Just been on a weekend jaunt too. Up to Trentham Gardens with my 60ish brother, best mate and all 3 wives. What was easy forty years ago, re: eating/drinking stuff for us all is no longer stuff. It’s ‘stuff...ed’. 62 tomorrow for you...62 September for me. So, know how your psyche works ozzie. Have a good one. Nice pressie. Well chosen.

In respect for the original Ozzie classic and a one off......

GraySummers........once a years get easier! Believe me....I’m a nurse. 😉

Hi Ozzie

You certainly have a way with words ( Dropped the Mrs off at the miracle workers ) . Love it.

Happy Birthday for yesterday.

Hope to see you at the EB campout, sadly i wont be there in my bus as the engine case is split ready for some case savers to be fitted along with some other bits. So Sunday only for me as i dont think my other watercooled camper would be welcome in amongst all the earlybays.

Cheers Al

owlebay said:
Hi Ozzie

You certainly have a way with words ( Dropped the Mrs off at the miracle workers ) . Love it.

Happy Birthday for yesterday.

Hope to see you at the EB campout, sadly i wont be there in my bus as the engine case is split ready for some case savers to be fitted along with some other bits. So Sunday only for me as i dont think my other watercooled camper would be welcome in amongst all the earlybays.

Cheers Al

Cheers Al, thanks for the great build up, it’s all just a big chuckle really I guess. Make sure we speak on Sunday and I’ll get the kettle on for some coffee. If I remember , then we can have a test drive of my new Happy Burpday Kelly kettle that I’ve just had from the family members. It’ll be an experience I’m sure. You might not recognise me as I’ve lost a stone or so because I’m dieting after two years off the fags. If you remember, please pretend you didn’t recognise me :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,now in streamlined versions (ish) ;)

Latest posts