What panel is this

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gearyboy6

Reaction score
Can you help me with my 71 bay. The panel I need is under the back seat / rock and roll bed. Between the two wheel arches and is just above the heater pipes from the 'Y' tube. It is about 4ft wide by 1ft high. I have looked round the vw parts web sites and can not find one, Do you know what it is called ? Can I get another one?

Gearyboy, not much help I know, but I searched for ages and could not find one.

Still not sure if a new panel is available but I ended up patching mine - looks OK.

You could try one of the import boys for a 'cut' - good luck.

look on alan schofields site there's pages of pictures all broken down in to parts with numbers on it. its a good site.

I think you`ll need a cut from a donor van, most of the v dub breakers should have one available as it`s not a regugular rust spot, if there is such a thing :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

That panel continues under the bukhead, below the fuel tank, and down over the bellhousing. Never seen this as a repair panel, as Ozziedog only hope is a breakers.

:)

What is yp with this thread ????? I`ve put regular as regugular and Senor Moler has a bukhead ???? :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, My excuse as always is Stella !! :lol: ;) :lol:

I recently had to make a repair patch for mine, as I was told by all the usual panel suppliers that a replacement panel is not available.

For future reference you can get this panel from Alan Schofield http://www.ahschofield.co.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its not in the catalogue

Spoke to a nice bloke today £48 for the panel with £8 postage and will be with me tomorrow, sorted

Latest posts