What price for a bare metal respray

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironage

Reaction score
Hi

just trying to work out a budget , i'm tackling all the welding on our project and i want to strip the van to bare metal so theres no issues later on, got several options on getting it painted but how much should we budget? (ball park figure) to prep prime and paint a bare metalled van? thanks fellas

where abouts in essex are you? i use a local painter for all my work, hes pretty reasonable

he painted this for me a few years ago, full bare metal respray, price is hard as its a how long is a piece of string type question. depends on how much needs doing, quality of work required etc etc

GYbay061.jpg

Hi

I see you are in Braintree, i was born there, Mum and Brother are still there! im near Northweald so very near you, i'd be interested in a contact for your painter, thanks. I know its probably an impossible question but just trying to get a approximate figure?

call bryan at elitebodystyling

just tell him i gave you his mobile 07719 864442, hes near braintree, so not too far from you

Gary

Cheers i will, the bus belongs to a friend Tracy and its on the Gallery under the restoration of stanley, mind you working on this one makes me want to get one again! id like a vw pick up for my buisness so i might replace my hilux!!!!

Hey guys- i am near to yous as well am going to need a repair section fitted under my windscreen as its a bit bubbled and leaks a bit now! Any idea of cost and any recomendations as to where i can get it done in essex/
cheers
simo

simo said:
Hey guys- i am near to yous as well am going to need a repair section fitted under my windscreen as its a bit bubbled and leaks a bit now! Any idea of cost and any recomendations as to where i can get it done in essex/
cheers
simo
the guy i used to bare metal restore my bus is kerry coe of coes kustoms over near weathersfield - 10 mins from braintree.

couldnt recommend him enough, honest decent bloke. his number is 07963 233630

dan

ironage said:
Thanks for the number Dan, Do you Guys all belong to a local club?

I go along to 2 club meets, Splitterz in chelmsford, and Lost Souls VW Club ( meets in coggleshall between braintree and colchester )

http://www.splitterz.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.lostsoulsveedubclub.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Theres loads of buses locally, but i dont see many of them on the roads much

I really want to get a crew cab or single cab VW now, might bring this along as well!

KubelinSun005.jpg

Latest posts