What puller?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haveacamper

Reaction score
i'm having a bit of trouble removing my steering box so i can give it a good refurb. i've tried to use a two armed puller tp get the steering arm off the tapered spline, but pretty much broke the puller. I have used a few gd quirts of penetrate oil over the previous weeks but that hasnt seemed to have helped.

I was wondering what puller you guys have used and found good/USELESS.

i haven't tried using a bit of heat as of yet but may be the next resort

Just had a Bentley open in front of me :wink: -

DSC00273.jpg

Halftard's have a cheap (€11) balljoint puller that, although different to the one pictured might do the job, as it's not adjustable.

Haveacamper said:
where's the best place to get one of these ones. the one i tried was a two armed one like that but they were adjustable.

I know this is State side but it seems to be the same as the one in the work manual :| Link puller.jpg
Product Id: LIS41900 Your price plus shipping $24.27 Retail Price: $28.00
You save: 13% Availability: Usually ships the next business day.
Good luck with rebuild :wink:
Later
Garry De
http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/lis41900.html

Also found this one for Assenmacher Specialty Tool :roll: They more than likely made the original :?:
I bet you could find a source for them on your side of the pond to :wink:
http://www.asttool.com/search_results.php

i used a good quality hydraulic puller (sykes pickavant) but it was still an arse to get off, had to heat it carefully with oxy-acetylene torch in the end but not too much or you will melt the seal in the steering box. Swear alot at it always works for me :lol:

swearing and shouting alot always seems to work for me :D

otherwise a cheapish puller one with the adjustable brace across the legs...and add a wee bit of heat....

Latest posts