Wheeler Dealers Dream Car

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velgreeno

Reaction score
On right now on Quest channel. The guy wants a VW camper. Should be interesting 🙂.

Full of inaccuracy's , split window is NOT a type one. Skimmed over the build as well and I bet it cost more than the 14K they said but thats TV production company's for you and most punters will not have a clue. Still it looked good (for a late!!)

I saw the re-screened episode on this past Saturday night.

They did show much of the Westfalia interior, which looks rather like the 1973 Westfalia Continental configuration like mine; albeit with plaid cloth upholstery rather than the autumn gold cloth upholstery that mine had

Whilst they had the vehicle partially disassembled, with the windows removed, I wonder whether they incorporated any useful upgrades, such as an electrically-heated front windscreen, electrically-heated rear window, rear-window wiper & washer system, sliding-door pull-close strap / handle and elevating-roof gas struts!?!

295020.jpg

294831.jpg

294824.jpg

Full of inaccuracy's , split window is NOT a type one. Skimmed over the build as well and I bet it cost more than the 14K they said but thats TV production company's for you and most punters will not have a clue. Still it looked good (for a late!!)

Plenty of folks call them that pretty sure that’s what they originally were called too, didn’t they say£14k in Parts ?

Split buses are T1 Type Two’s . It’s fairly easy to mix it up if your a outsider tbf.

If one follows the links to Volks Magic & Lee Southerton, one can see details of the build (including lots of pictures) for the Wheeler Dealer - Dream Car, 1973 VW 1600 Type 2 (named Melvis | registration No. PTX 527L) for Scott in Scotland, which has been fitted out as a Westfalia Continental with reupholstered / recovered cab seats and motor-caravan interior.

https://www.volksmagic.com/

https://www.volksmagic.com/melvis/

But a beetle is a type one.
Yes. Type One.

Buses are Type Two , but then further designated T1(Split) T2a(Early Bay) T2ab(Crossover) T2b(Late Bay) T3(Wedge/Vanagon) T4(Front engined) and so on …

Latest posts