Where did the Like / Thank forum function go?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cunning plan

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Clipper / Microbus
Just trying to think of something a bit more fun / normal and thought I would browse EarlyBay and noticed that the 'User Thanks' function is missing?

:shadey:

:poke:

I noticed the same and in the beginning wondered why???
Sat back with the obligatory scotch and pondered the above. :)
Other than making way for more important information, I am in agreement of this being removed.
WHY?
Personally, I think that there could become a competitive drive to this and might entice info that
is already available if you search properly.(clutter and trivia) That being said it did give an indication
as to who you could message for particular help. I do think though that private messaging could also
become tedious for some thereby irritating .

I have no idea if space on a web site is paid for etc., so that could also be a reason?

Just a thought, hope no one gets offended. Back to, before the ice melts. :lol: :lol:

J & P
:D :D :D

I think it dropped away in a forum update. I quite liked it (arf arf) as it meant a quick appreciation without a specific post, but hey, its not the end of the world. :)

I agree, I thought it worked really well on mobile when you didn't have the time to write a long reply, but still wanted to show your appreciation for someone else's reply, or even just another way to agree with a post instead of each person having to say "yes that is the correct part".

Plus it gave a badge of appreciation to the regular posters on here who help many people out. Able, Sparky, Ozzie, K@rlos etc.. :)

However, as you say I guess it was a nice feature, but not essential. :party0021:

cunning plan said:
I agree, I thought it worked really well on mobile when you didn't have the time to write a long reply, but still wanted to show your appreciation for someone else's reply, or even just another way to agree with a post instead of each person having to say "yes that is the correct part".

Plus it gave a badge of appreciation to the regular posters on here who help many people out. Able, Sparky, Ozzie, K@rlos etc.. :)

However, as you say I guess it was a nice feature, but not essential. :party0021:

Id have liked this post, if I could :lol:

it was lost in an update sorry, it takes the extension designers quite a bit more time to update extensions after a major forum software update unfortunately.

when its ready ill install it.

Latest posts