where to mount 48 row oil cooler

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoda

Reaction score
Hi,I need suggestions on where to mount an oil cooler and fan on my 1971 bay.Did think about above the g/box to the n/s but its looking like it will foul with the clutch cable/arm operation,and possibly the g/box. Only other place that appears feasible is under n/s sliding door in front of the outrigger/ jacking point.Any thoughts and pictures would be much appreciated.Any suggestions on mounting the oil filter housing I was planing on bolting to the n/s engine mounting bracket.Cheers Keith.

I'd thought that underneath there would be problems protecting from stones etc thrown up and also from water getting in the fan electrics.

I suppose that some strong narrow mesh would fix the former, but mud could still block it, and careful sealing the latter

If you put up a couple of pics of the shape of your oil cooler I can give some input.
I have had them mounted in 3 different areas all with advantages and disadvantages. (above gearbox, underside of floor near the sliding door, n front of gearbox)
Shape/size of cooler will dictate this mostly.

Latest posts