Which festivals are you going to?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supertramp

Reaction score
Which festivals are you going to in 2014? With the westy coming we've booked for Latitude festival (Southwold is very nice) and missed out on Glastonbury tickets.

Also Glasto! We work every year- this year we get to drive on site so can just drive the bug straight into the middle of glastonbury :) Free tickets too in exchange for about 8 hours work.

Bringing an old haven holiday style tent and a few persian rugs, some hookah pipes and some bean bags... The only thing better would be bringing the camper... One day!

Sorry, I like to rub it in.

Happystamps said:
Also Glasto! We work every year- this year we get to drive on site so can just drive the bug straight into the middle of glastonbury :) Free tickets too in exchange for about 8 hours work.

Bringing an old haven holiday style tent and a few persian rugs, some hookah pipes and some bean bags... The only thing better would be bringing the camper... One day!

Are there not restrictions on petrol engined vehicles on main site? The guys we work with had to get a special fire inspection last year as, as a rule they only allow diesels on.

Clem said:
Happystamps said:

Are there not restrictions on petrol engined vehicles on main site? The guys we work with had to get a special fire inspection last year as, as a rule they only allow diesels on.

I'm only driving on and dumping stuff, then leaving- Tuesday 'til Tuesday it'll be off site so not when punters are about. The folk I work for have never said it'd be an issue... Who knows.

Glasto for us too, be parked on top of hill of death as usual :roll:
Wife convinced me to let her come this year, be her first time :cry: cant wait to see her face when she needs the loo :lol:

Happystamps said:
Clem said:
Happystamps said:

I'm only driving on and dumping stuff, then leaving- Tuesday 'til Tuesday it'll be off site so not when punters are about. The folk I work for have never said it'd be an issue... Who knows.

Ah, i thought you meant onsite for the duration. We were meant to have ours on last year but couldnt due the fire regs ... in honesty its better to be camped up on the hill so if it really rains youre out of the swamp :D

Clem said:
Ah, i thought you meant onsite for the duration. We were meant to have ours on last year but couldnt due the fire regs ... in honesty its better to be camped up on the hill so if it really rains youre out of the swamp :D

Hmm, I've just checked the regs and yep, it seems you can't keep diesels on site during... I wonder how that T2 chip van by west holts does it? Never actually checked that it's got an engine mind you. Bit of a pisser when it comes to getting the van on the road, but there we are.
We'll be up in the greenfields behind the Croissant Neuf stage, so no bog for us :)

Glasto for me and the Mrs also - maybe we should start a Glasto 2014 convoy and meet thread...?! :D

It's looking like it'll be our first proper use of the van, so shaping up to be a baptism by fire at this rate. :p

Howie123 said:
Glasto for us too, be parked on top of hill of death as usual :roll:
Wife convinced me to let her come this year, be her first time :cry: cant wait to see her face when she needs the loo :lol:

Hahaha. The hill of death. We nicknamed it The Travellator from Gladiators. Hours of fun off it sat at the bottom shouting 'contenders READY!' 3...2..1.

Just Festival Number 6 for me this year.

Work at Glasto every year,haven't missed one for 20yrs also bought tickets for shambala as I want to see gentlemen's dub club :)

Isle of Wight for me. Not the greatest line up ever but first festival in the bus so should be good.

Supertramp said:
Which festivals are you going to in 2014? With the westy coming we've booked for Latitude festival (Southwold is very nice) and missed out on Glastonbury tickets.

Southwold is awesome, I used to holiday there when a kid. Went back a few years ago and it is still the same. Note to self, must book a trip to Southwold!

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Wow how did you all get Glasto tickets? We had 5 of us trying and couldn't get any.
We used to holiday in Southwold too with the beach huts so will be nice to go back.

Pirateringo said:
Work at Glasto every year,haven't missed one for 20yrs also bought tickets for shambala as I want to see gentlemen's dub club :)

Shambala is a brilliant festival, loved it more for the actual festival and vibe than the bands...

We're trying out Pulse on the edge of the new forest at the end of the month, as long as my Mrs' broken ankle heals in time.........

Latest posts