Which fuel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGPlant

Reaction score
What fuel do people put in their busses? Thinking ethanol content etc.... standard 1600 crossover.

Just regular unleaded, they run Ok on that. The whole motor design etc etc was mostly about being low maintenance and low cost running in all sorts of areas of the world including what Mr Trump described as 5hit hole5 recently. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,, got a way with words our Mr Trump :mrgreen:

That’s what I’ve always done, and always been ok, apart from some backfiring the other day. Could have been dirt in the carb.
I’ve tried to find out ethanol content in fuels but hard to find out. Had fuel lines replaced that are accessible but not ones behind firewall. Andrew.

I always used the philosophy that higher RON rated fuels are overkill when our engines do not need the increased knock protection that a modern, remapped, turbocharged car would for example.

However, in another conversation about this subject, someone had some stats to say that higher RON fuels actually had less alcohols in them than regular unleaded, which might mean that super is better for our fuel lines. Not sure on where the data was taken from though.

Personally, I’d rather not gamble with the longevity of fuel lines by hoping that different fuel lengthens their life, and would much rather the peace of mind of replacing them regularly and sticking with the normal unleaded!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I got a new Pict H30 carb a year or so ago, the instructions said only to use super unleaded. No reason given.

Being tight I tried regular first, but I think it does run more smoothly on super. I might be imagining it.

(Standard 1600SP)