• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

White Westy 1971 22000eur

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwmorten

Reaction score
This is my 1972 Westfalia VW bus

I bought it from a friend in Texas last year (2016), and have been gently restoring it ever since. I try not to "overrestore", and to keep some patina and signs of age, but still make a superfunctional and great looking car.

• It came without an engine, so i built a nice singleport 1600 for it, it was born with a 1700cc type4, but i really do not like them, type1 engines drives better, gives more mpg and are so much easier and cheaper to keep running. The singleport motor has a lot of torque, and pushes the bus easy.

I have gone thru all brakes, suspension, steering and electrics, changed and renewed what was needed, the car runs, drives and brakes perfect now.

The car has passed the danish MOT with only one remark; i forgot to adjust the headlights ;-)

The poptop has been restored, new wood frame, new hinges, new paint, rubber and canvas. -works and look perfectly.

The interior has been removed, and all the furniture has got some love, and a new floor with checkered linoleum has been fitted, along with new sides in baltic birch plywood.

The car has lived in Texas the first 45 years of its life, so it is VERY solid, the only rust i have found is a little hole under the battery. I just love these cars from the dry states.

The car costs 22000eur
Trade? -yes i would like an early splitbus/project..

The car is in Copenhagen, Denmark. I will drive the car anywhere in nothern europe for 500 eur, or you drive/fly here and i will pick you up in the airport, and you can drive home.

You can reach me by phone, +4526150707, by email [email protected], or find me on facebook: facebook.com/vwmorten

See my websitead: https://sites.google.com/a/juul-nielsen.dk/72-westy-for-sale/

See my video and more more pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UUGeMEazMNneTjcH2

Latest posts