Whiteband Tyres

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fraggle

Reaction score
Hi

This is my first post so here goes...

I'm after some thin whiteband tyres for me bus and have seen the ones KK and Just Kampers do which look nice but are only 4 ply.

Are there any van rated / 6 ply whiteband tyres out there??

If so where?

I got commercial tyres on mine and put the white band inserts on. I keep em lubed up inside the trim with rubber lubricant to stop any chafing ( :shock: ) and they look fine. Got the inserts from Bravado, they advertise in back of volksworld.

Got mine from ats! they special ordered them. They are not cheap, (about £450 inc fitting etc, but are the best that I have come accross. The white band is raised about 3mm off the tyre and gives a good affect.

I am not sure about the white band inserts, have heard some horrible stories of tyres blowing. I have seen first hand a tyre with inserts very well lubed up :shock: and the writing on the tyre has all worn away :shock: so you can see how they can eventually lead to problems. This is only my own personal experience, but a valued one.

8)

I Have ran those inserts but have now got rid of them even using the rubber grease as instructed they caused a groove to form in the outside wall of the tyre To me seemed dangerous but maybe because they were low profiles. who knows.

but theres always this company

http://www.bayarearods.co.uk/services.html

seems a better choice :D

Does anybody know if the white walls are actually molded on or are they just painted at this company??

Would be interesting to know as they do require the tyres to be worn in for 500 miles before the white walls can be applied. :?:

Latest posts