windscreen removal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve92

Reaction score
have a few repairs needed to bottom of my front screen. just wondered how easy it is to refit the screen when ive sorted them.do you need any special tools etc.cheers steve.

In theory, it's just the usual 'parachute cord' trick, but the screen is heavy (I've bought myself a replacement, so know).

Most advice I've heard is to get it done professionally.

Stating the bleeding obvious, if you are replacing metal below the screen, you'll need to be pretty accurate or the screen won't fit.

in theory its easy proffesionals make look easy but it can be a right pig!!!!!!!

ok cheers guys. gonna give it a go i think. if i cant get it back in,ill throw me lid on and drive it too a man that can. :D

Ive always found front screens quite easy, just a cord and two people do the trick.

Rear side windows have been a pain in the past though ....

Top tip for doing this is to use a good sprinkling of talc powder on the rubber. It's way better than any liquid lube - VW used it at the factory. Try it - much better than KY jelly but only on window rubbers please...........................

Its not too hard, just take your time, if you are refitting the orriginal rubber, it will be really easy, its when you fit new rubber it gets harder!

Just get good strong cord.

Mark

Latest posts