Windscreen washer jets

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagvanman

Reaction score
Anyone considered moving the washer jets from their standard location, as the water hits the wiper arms every downward sweep?

Tempting if it wasn't so much hassle!
Mine were fine with the old arms, but replaced the arms as they were knackered and new ones sit at a different angle that blocks the jets....very annoying!
Be interested to see how you do it...if you take on the challenge!
Cheers
Al

As a relatively quick fix, though not totally pretty, I suppose you could replace the jets with rubber bungs with washer hose coming through the middle, into a short (but obviously visible) loop of hose, then clip it to the wiper arm itself and fit some arm-mounted washer jets?

When I did my resto a few years back I went for the T3 ones after the old ones broke while removing them. You still get them at any VW dealership for sth like 3€ a piece. At least in Germany.
Not sure what the original colour was, the T3 ones are glossy black. The only thing I remember was them beeing a bit wobly
when fitted. I don't remember what type of glue I used but it needs to be something that isn't aggresive so the paint doesn't get ruined.
Apart from the colour they seem to be absolutley identical and the ball were the fluid comes from can be adjusted with a thin needle. Works perfectley. Wipers are Bosh ones, can't give you the item number at the moment though.

You might want to read this topic thread that I started several years ago.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186468" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts