wing mirrors

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbo

Reaction score
Hi is it possible to replace the glass in original wing mirrors, and if it is where can I get the glass from, and how do I replace them, the old ones are better than new. Thanks Mike

The plastic trim may be flexible enough for you to remove it from the stainless/ chrome complete with glass. Once out changing the glass is easy. Plastic on mine broke into bits.... So for a while I went with new glass stuck on top of the original. Think I bought convex mirror glass on eBay, was cheep and still in good nick

I replaced the r/h/s wing mirror glass for an EBay convex one. This gives a wider field of view like most modern car mirrors. (My bus is LHD )

I had to break the old glass to remove it and used some silicone to make sure the new one stayed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just an update, got glass on ebay stuck it to the old mirror, filled it slightly with ordinary putty, would have used a product called sealastic but as far as I can see is unavailable, a great sealant no longer on the market, I don't like silicone products find them hard to work with, you can't smooth them out, to a thinness needed. Waited till putty is slightly dry, painted with a grey paint, steady hand needed, the job looks very passable indeed.

The mirrors are peined into the mirror head, it’s near impossible, best bet is new glass, silicone the edge
My mirrors are peined in also with no plastic trim, they are the original ones and are still in very good condition but the mirroring is failing and I would like to know where to get the correct replacement glass

My mirrors are peined in also with no plastic trim, they are the original ones and are still in very good condition but the mirroring is failing and I would like to know where to get the correct replacement glass
I bought a convex mirror for little cash on eBay. I think it was about £15.

Latest posts