winter storage !! How Much

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oslo_mark69

Reaction score
Hi All . I was wondering how much is a reasonable price to pay for winter storage . When would you put it in and when would you take it out. I have a possible secure area enough for about 14 vehicles in s.wales. just need to weigh up the costs etc so need to know what people would pay per month . I would also offer renovation,service and repairs.

would this facility have any electricity for people to use - i.e is there an option to work on your own bus. this may be something people would consider if storing their bus for a long period over the winter.

one issue you may have when offering people storage is whether people storing their buses would be covered by their insurance. after all one would be relying on others to make sure the place was locked up.

not trying to put a dampener on your idea, just putting my thoughts out there :)

thanks for the comments . I am looking into the insurance costs. the building is already alarmed . I would say that private work on the vehicles would cause a problem , as you've said already ,the responsibility would then be on the last person in , to lock up. although my workshop is next door :D

I ve got my late bay in storage for 30 quid a month, its in a large modern secure building on a farm, only storage though, i'm not sure if rural is cheaper than urban. If it seems cheap then thats probably because its front indicators are in the wrong place (thats why its in storage).

My mates also doing this in the Merseyside area if anyone is interested, the industrial estate he has his unit on is manned 24hrs with a security lodge/gatehouse.

There are a few empty units and he has done a deal with the landlord of the site to allow us to use one, again his own unit is right facing so it will be checked everyday.

Strictly LiverpoolVWclub members, but then if your in the merseyside area you should be a member anyway ;)

More info here if anyones interested.

http://www.liverpoolvwclub.com/apps/forums/topics/show/5529882-dry-storage-secure-units-

Does anybody know of anybody who offers indoor winter storage int he Midalnds?

Really want to put mine away this year!

Latest posts