Wow!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve got to agree! It’s a massive improvement over previous and the ability to easily add photos directly to posts is a huge bonus and will certainly encourage people like me to post more regularly about my own projects. I’m glad to no longer have to rely on the Crapatalk app which makes my phone get fairly warm and is forever crashing.

To those who run the site - keep up the great work 🤙

I have to agree, loving the new site layout and coming on here most mornings due to the notification I'm getting about what posts have had comments on the day before, really good reminder.

Well done to Johnny, Mike and the rest of the team involved, huge improvement.

What Graham says.
I did start a new gallery thread just before Christmas. Used to come on here all the time years ago, but seems to have diminished in favour of Facebook. Hopefully more will follow the trend back here as I don’t enjoy Facebook. We’ll done team.

What Graham says.
I did start a new gallery thread just before Christmas. Used to come on here all the time years ago, but seems to have diminished in favour of Facebook. Hopefully more will follow the trend back here as I don’t enjoy Facebook. We’ll done team.
Agree with you about Facebook, the algorithms (or what ever they are called) mean you can never find anything a second time whereas forums you an follow a thread easily and FB is full of FB Mechanics who give really bad advice, you correct someone/something and get blocked, its mad.

Yes Have to agree with the above, nice layout and the email reminders are great.
Thanks to all admins and team.

I've looked in on earlybay from time to time over the past few years but not really visit any forums to the extent I used to, it's just a time thing and probably because many are simply less active than they used to be. However the recent changes to this site have definitely pulled me back aided greatly by the daily updates.

I too miss the days when a collective frequented the forums before online communities were splintered by Facebook, helped greatly by Photobucket breaking the internet and robbing many forums of the community resource images that they had built up over the years.

As others have said, Facebook really isn't a substitute for a good community forum. Even the more friendly Farcebook groups have their idiot trolls which just isn't a thing on forums like this, plus the superficial nature of Facebook really just creates's the same content/questions getting repeated again and again which provides little to engage with.

So well done to all involved in the earlybay.com makeover, hopefully it'll pull more people back and find plenty of new users too, long may it continue!

It is better - agreed.
Never done faceache so wouldn't know what it was like on there - over the years I did see a big shift of posters on here away to things like fb so glad they are drifting back :)

I've looked in on earlybay from time to time over the past few years but not really visit any forums to the extent I used to, it's just a time thing and probably because many are simply less active than they used to be. However the recent changes to this site have definitely pulled me back aided greatly by the daily updates.

I too miss the days when a collective frequented the forums before online communities were splintered by Facebook, helped greatly by Photobucket breaking the internet and robbing many forums of the community resource images that they had built up over the years.

As others have said, Facebook really isn't a substitute for a good community forum. Even the more friendly Farcebook groups have their idiot trolls which just isn't a thing on forums like this, plus the superficial nature of Facebook really just creates's the same content/questions getting repeated again and again which provides little to engage with.

So well done to all involved in the earlybay.com makeover, hopefully it'll pull more people back and find plenty of new users too, long may it continue!
I only post any earlybay.com events on here, I used to post facebook notifications to let people know there was something happening but can't be bothered recently.

I've started to come back on here recently but for some strange reason i can't see some of the pictures in some threads.

I've started to come back on here recently but for some strange reason i can't see some of the pictures in some threads.
Hi Paul, hope you and the family are well, if photos were from photobucket then these are probably not showing as they shut the free accounts down unless you paid. It meant lots of forums lost photo content nearly overnight.

Latest posts