Wrong fuel help!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenelby

Reaction score
Help I have just managed to put 7 litre's of diesel into my T25 in a daze this morning. I then filled up the tank to half way with unleaded. It did then run to work which was a mile away and seemed alright. Should I get it drained or will the petrol mix with the diesel and just run a little lumpy for a while.

I do own an early bay and thought to post this here as I've always got good advice before!

Just brim it full with petrol then drive as usual till it's down to half then top again. It may smoke a little but your be ok

I was hoping that may be the case. I might put some more in the tank as I only filled it halfway. I did stop as I then thought am am I just topping up and wasting more money when may need flushing so wasting more money.

Yep, that should be fine,

But if you put petrol in a diesel, thats a different story............. :shock:

creationblue said:
Mr Brightside said:
Yep, that should be fine,

But if you put petrol in a diesel, thats a different story............. :shock:

Mine worked :lol:

Yeah I know they used to add a bit of petrol to diesel in the winter to keep it from freezing, just guess it depends how much :eek:

Sure it says in one of the old vw books about getting your engine running and warm and pouring diesel into carb tops ..

.. might even be in the John Muir book ..

Apparently it de cokes your engine really well!

.. You could have even done yourself a favour! ;)

Hilly

If you had filled it from empty to full that would be a drain job, petrol engines don't like compressing neat diesel ( ask me how I know ) and no it wasn't me :lol:

Tbh I would just drain it anyway, may loose £30 but that is cheaper than a garage bill...

Reminds me of the best VW advert....
http://youtu.be/7ujO0puW8Is" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts