XOver rebuild.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With living close to the countryside it’s priceless to be able to pop out to isolated spots. And within a few short miles. I use the bus daily anyways, so enjoy the ride experience. But usually just to go to and from work. I’ve had ups and downs, as we all do, with minor challenges and changes to the bus. But it’s a Godsend when we have the opportunity to just go out and chill. Myself, a nurse, and my wife, a Wholefood Shop owner, we have both been working all year. Sometimes it’s hard going. Well, to be honest, a lot of the time in 2020. But I realise others too are having their own personal nightmares this year in many forms. I’m just reflecting really on the fact that the bus is a treasure. Simply an important and valued friend in this year’s experiences and battles. Hope everyone is well and coping out there. And......positive thinking time. We are going to get through this. Meet ups next year will be emotional times for you all I should imagine. All the best everyone.

Yes indeed, perfect perfect perfect. Fingers crossed for next year, let’s hope it makes up for this year.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, I’ve ordered sunshine for the whole year, any rain must be after dark ;) :mrgreen: ;)

ozziedog said:
Yes indeed, perfect perfect perfect. Fingers crossed for next year, let’s hope it makes up for this year.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, I’ve ordered sunshine for the whole year, any rain must be after dark ;) :mrgreen: ;)

Cheers Ozzie. If your singing voice is a good ‘un, belt the year in with a heartfelt soulful melody or twenty three. That’ll bring sunshine all over. If it’s bad......don’t sing a note. That way the rain will stay largely on the plain in Spain. We all need to dance, drink and groove a little in 2021. All the best Mr. and Mrs. Ozzies. Look after yourselves.

mike202 said:
Bus is looking great and the interior appears a very comfortable place to be [emoji3]

Yup. Feels nice. The bus is hopefully going to be a Bohemian, hippy dippy, faerie lights hanging, ambient musical, joss stick aroma filled and me guitar strumming along to psychedelic 1960s tunes haven. Even thinking of hanging my hammock somewhere inside. As long as it doesn’t bring the roof down on top of my head. Cheers Mike. All the best.

Nice to get another MOT certificate today. First time pass too. Just to know it’s been looked at thoroughly by another’s eyes is settling. I know we don’t have to have one.....but it’s still essential for me (and I know other members here too) and it does bring me a measure of confidence on passing. So.....I can now breathe!

AND Breathe, nice feeling still innit :mrgreen: One of my nice ‘Things’ at this time of year is dressing my van up in Chrimbo styleee decco and popping down to Weston Super Mare for the fireworks thingy, usually the weekend after Guy Fawkes night, I wish he had lit the bloody fuse now :lol: I got a feeling there won’t be a VW decorated Chrimble Cruise this year and I’m guessing that a mass gathering watching them fireworks ain’t gonna go down to well either :roll: But I think I might decorate him anyways for the occasional run into Bath at night to get the famous Schwartz Burgers for me and the Mrs :mrgreen: Don’t half make the kids squeal when the mums and dads point out the van all glistening and shiny with all the Chrimbledon shenanigans all over him :mrgreen:
Well done on even being bothered to mot your van , I still do mine but I know there’s an awful lot that don’t.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,after I finish converting the garage I’ll decorate :mrgreen:

Something special about a decorated Christmas Bus. You’ll have to post an image up. All sparkly bright and proud. Seen a fair few on Google images dressed to the nines in faerie lights. More lights than paint on show. Look really nostalgic. Like the Cola lorry. You’re right though about gatherings. Difficult to plan ahead. Your description has set my imagination going now. Would love to stay local and park up at the Ynyslas Dunes or some local lake with growing Christmas Trees. Invite a few socially distancing bus owner mates (T2 and T25, T4/5 kind). Crisp cold night, stars in the sky, brazier fires and my guitar and a few others who play. With a Christmas Carol list of sing a long tunes. Put some big old jar filled Christmassy faerie lights all about, booze and food. Heaven. See what you’ve started? 😉 All the best Ozzie. Great sounding Wintery plan you’ve got there.

So glad you are keeping safe and well and still loving the bus :)
Let's hope 2021, things can get back to normal!!

Usually as close to ‘stock’ as I can be is my aim. But the joints on the exhaust system just aligned poorly. Result was forever troublesome over the years. Probably my own fault. So decided I needed a bit more robust measures in place. Wales and her hills are difficult to get up. This is a massive improvement. Love it. Bought new heat exchangers too.

Never had the pleasure of originals and the extra fins. Read the JK blurb which said they were a decent substitute. I’ve an inherent mindset to shove extra clothing on during the Welsh winters as I’ve experienced the chill of the system as a limited one. But that’s the VeeDub joy. It’s like the Monty Python ‘lived in a cardboard box’ joke to tell the grandkids. I raided Oxfam for a Montgomery duffle coat when I bought the bus. Essential kit for keeping frost bite out at the time. No cables when I bought the bus in 2009. Also, no nounce or expertise to realise I could have just tied them open either. So the first experience of heat in the cab was......it don’t have any! Been fairly warm out there weather wise since it been in place. So not too sure. Haven’t given it a good run. Did put the levers into heat mode for half an hour and felt them to be a possible improvement though. And the exhaust is a beauty. Does feel better overall performance wise.

Haven’t done an update for a while. The start of thread shows the Bus in terrible conundrums. 😳 Now? 50 years old this year. Passed the MOT again. Just sorting out the issue of engine cut out at the climb down to low speeds when approaching the act of stopping. And small break out rusty bits are appearing through some parts of the paintwork. But! Now I’m retired (last July 2021) from my nurse role, it’s a joy to have the Bus to just jump into and take off in. We are all so lucky to possess our VeeDub’s aren’t we? So all in all? Very much OK. Cheers.87FE9DC5-6A0A-4398-822A-4EA3C4D8947B.pngA30A352D-51F4-4714-95B4-AAEA5D9F3F62.png3D85496E-1250-402E-B1E5-37E6AE0E71D4.pngABCA019E-53D0-440D-811C-4BFE6AD96E93.png

Latest posts