Your Early Bay Picture of the Day .....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadget Boy

Reaction score
Ok post up pictures of any Early Bay bus doesnt have to be yours etc But may make a bloody good screen saver to brighten up your dull desk/workstation etc

So heres the first

Thats my bay and Andy Carrols barndoor pre resto doin 50 mph round Spa racetrack in belgium .Thats Ricky James surfing between the two of them . :D :D

abo.jpg

Gadget [/img]

Haha i was driving around the circuit in my 54 singlecab with them, we have loads of pics... one of them where Rikki was doing a headstand on the Jiffy bus roof rack at about 40mph... nutter! :lol:

Nice one Dean - I never tire of seeing pics of your bus. Here's one from my collection (pics, not buses). As an aside, do you get a lot of exhaust fumes sucked back inside when you have the rear safari open?
panel8.jpg

I know this pic is already in the gallery section but i thought i'd put it here as i like it lots... maybe because it just goes to show not every winter day in the UK is grim and grey :D

67b15.jpg

JohnS said:
As an aside, do you get a lot of exhaust fumes sucked back inside when you have the rear safari open?

Hi ya John Yes mate i do but i tend to have the front windows open to combat it . If it had the old large turbo muffler on it i dont think it would be so bad . And thanks for your kind words too . Also cracking photo Tim :D

Gadget

Hi Gadget Boy - can you tell me if yours is the van featured in UltraVW last year? If I recall it was Italian or something similar?
If so, I'd like you to know that your van inspired me to go out and get one for myself (a '72 Crossover Devon in Neptune Blue) - I LOVE YOUR BUS! - Any chance of some more photo's?

Cheers

Hello from Australia , Gadget Boy, I hope you are of the opinion that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".
If you are not then I am in deep do do. I saw the pic of your bus some time ago, with the barndoor and decided immediately that I wanted the same lights on the back of my bus. The safety star was simple enough to find but the foggy took a bit of networking.
Here is a pic of mine, the the foggy is "Hassia" and it was NOS but I am not sure how old it is.
I would love to see some more pics of your bus.
And you are right, the bus surfer is a few sausages short of a barbie in my book.
David...aka lobus

lightshowsept21011-1.jpg

Justin & Mutley said:
Hi Gadget Boy - can you tell me if yours is the van featured in UltraVW last year? If I recall it was Italian or something similar?
If so, I'd like you to know that your van inspired me to go out and get one for myself (a '72 Crossover Devon in Neptune Blue) - I LOVE YOUR BUS! - Any chance of some more photo's?

Cheers

Yeh Justin it was thanks for the kind words Guys :oops: And Lobus that a nice van too :D

Justin get sum photos up of your van guys

Gadget

abarth_muffler.jpg

This is a good mate of mines Peachies frm Bham . It runs a 2.1 typ 4 with a Hybrid turbo by garret from a cosworth .All through a 2 litre bus box. It eats jap cars for breakfast :D It also runs a CSP vented kit to slow it down :wink:

And yes they are og Sprints

And Lobus I didnt realise that your bus was an early bay panel ...How cool is that :shock: GET SUM PHOTOS up :wink:

Here's my van - it looks quite different now and the awful fibreglass sunvisor has moved on! I just fell in love with it and bought it (unseen!) on eBay for £1000... Of course, it's sitting a bit lower now...[/img]

on a run last June, mid winter in Aus, it was about 6C and the wind was about 60kmh, nice shot though. We do suffer for our art.
R0013353.jpg

I was after a bit of atmosphere, you be the judge.
R0013327.jpg

R0013325.jpg

in front of some rusty iron, the fence is a bit prominent though. Taken same day as the cemetery pics
R0013323.jpg

R0013316.jpg

Same day again, it was a splitty run but they let me join in.
R0013315.jpg

Showing of her cute rear end and new boots

lightshowsept21004.jpg

This is the Indian Ocean in the background on Sunday 2/12/06
R0014350.jpg

One week later this is the Pacific ocean in the backgroud.
You can do the geography...and yes the bus was driven all the way.
IndianPacificTour06115.jpg

This was at the Day of the Volkswagen in Melbourne on November 26, 2006. The best I have ever got it looking. The weather reallt turned it on for us that day as well.
shiny1.jpg

This is beside the biggest mobile crane I have ever seen. The boys that were driving it were as impressed with my old bus as I was with there multi million dollar crane
R0013692.jpg

dude ive said it before and ill say it again, that is one sweet bus!
you gotta get that dash sorted tho! :p

Don't worry matey, it is on my list of jobbies for 2007. i also want to get my belt line trim sorted. I have to get a few dings fixed in it then get it "re anodised" which I still have to work out how to do. The dash will be a priority though. I will keep you informed with the progress.
David
Me and me bus
R0012859.jpg

Low enough?
R0012178Small.jpg

Latest posts