Cousin Eddie

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munga

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Panelvan
Hey Guy’s and Gals, so I introduce to you cousin Eddie the home coming, now since then I’ve done some repairs, not many but I’ll elaborate.
Now Ed is ex Australia Post and from the west coast I believe and as it so happens I work at post, have done for ages and so I’m actually torn between “fully restoring” or a “sympathetic restoration” because a vintage post van could be cool and actually I’m known for my sympathetic restorations on vehicles this old lorry of mine is an example of this.

Attachments

• BB6B6DA7-66F5-4579-B304-F8B93C57166B.jpeg
    BB6B6DA7-66F5-4579-B304-F8B93C57166B.jpeg
    363.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 33B56BE4-9377-4061-9534-2C4B63F1981C.jpeg
    33B56BE4-9377-4061-9534-2C4B63F1981C.jpeg
    391.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 6231A3E6-7D06-417C-A0A6-FF146B49E973.jpeg
    6231A3E6-7D06-417C-A0A6-FF146B49E973.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 1
  • CEDC1171-277E-454F-9489-3ED10E4CF793.jpeg
    CEDC1171-277E-454F-9489-3ED10E4CF793.jpeg
    440.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 11896AB9-6EDE-4BD7-A7E1-F58EC3187575.jpeg
    11896AB9-6EDE-4BD7-A7E1-F58EC3187575.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Hiya Eddie mate and welcome home. Liking your new cobber the stepside.
I’m guessing the extra vents at the rear near the the crescent shaped engine air vents are for the cargo area in the van, they’re not ducted to increase air volume into the noisy cupboard are they ?
In my own opinion, I’m liking your thinking about the exterior and anything along the lines of what you’ve done with that stepside would be great. I reckon I’d also try and make the cab look as stock as it can. The cargo area is a different matter though, you can get creative as you like here. There’s virtually no cross over view from inside to outside and visa versa because of the lack of glass as it’s a panel. Perhaps an industrial looking cab separation bulkhead along the lines of the Westphalia stock one that is heavy duty rubberised canvas I think, held up with spring pop clips around the roof brace cross member. It fitted down to the seat backs and the middle bit was weighted and longer and went down to the floor between the seats on the walkthrough. There was also a soft pvc window in the middle with a fold down flap. That would really separate the areas off and provide all you want in the way of curtains too. Roll it completely up if required or simply pop it off and fold it away behind the seat. Basics in the back are all that’s needed, Rock and Roll bed, nice big cool box, and a small kitchen unit. I do ninety nine percent of my cooking outside under a gazebo and that stops the van smelling of sausages or bacon for two weeks.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,it’ll be interesting to see how it materialises bud :)

Hiya Eddie mate and welcome home. Liking your new cobber the stepside.
I’m guessing the extra vents at the rear near the the crescent shaped engine air vents are for the cargo area in the van, they’re not ducted to increase air volume into the noisy cupboard are they ?
In my own opinion, I’m liking your thinking about the exterior and anything along the lines of what you’ve done with that stepside would be great. I reckon I’d also try and make the cab look as stock as it can. The cargo area is a different matter though, you can get creative as you like here. There’s virtually no cross over view from inside to outside and visa versa because of the lack of glass as it’s a panel. Perhaps an industrial looking cab separation bulkhead along the lines of the Westphalia stock one that is heavy duty rubberised canvas I think, held up with spring pop clips around the roof brace cross member. It fitted down to the seat backs and the middle bit was weighted and longer and went down to the floor between the seats on the walkthrough. There was also a soft pvc window in the middle with a fold down flap. That would really separate the areas off and provide all you want in the way of curtains too. Roll it completely up if required or simply pop it off and fold it away behind the seat. Basics in the back are all that’s needed, Rock and Roll bed, nice big cool box, and a small kitchen unit. I do ninety nine percent of my cooking outside under a gazebo and that stops the van smelling of sausages or bacon for two weeks.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,it’ll be interesting to see how it materialises bud :)
Now that’s something I never thought off Aussiedog and sounds like a great idea.

Over the last couple of days I’ve been cutting out rust and filling i with fresh steel on the drivers side front nose , it’s coming up nice and I’ll post pics soon

Latest posts