West Coast Metric window rubbers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DubBGood2Me

Reaction score
So I need some new deluxe rubbers for my 69 LHD microbus.

Read a few threads on here and best reviews / comments seem to be for C&C with the odd vote for WCM.

Now this is an area I don't want to skimp on but it's becoming rather expensive. Need front and rear seals, 3 x 3/4 side windows and one side rear window plus metal trim for front seal and side rear window. However, with the exchange rate at 1.66 at the minute it makes the West Coast Metric a good purchase if buying in bulk.

Any thoughts??

Sadly I can't give you an answer as I'm in the same predicament needing 2 sets of deluxe seals, so I'd be interested in how you get on.

Have you had a shipping quote from west coast?

I've looked at ispwest but there shipping costs are astronmical! :shock:

Currently fitting new rubbers and metal trim from custom and commercial.

So far haven't had any issues with the quality, apart from having to cut off a small piece of the trim to make it fit the rear windows.

i just ordered and installed West Coast Metric deluxe rubbers and trim as well as the 'cal-look' ones for my other bus.

quality parts. took a bit of effort to get the trim installed in the deluxe rubber though.

mango-smoothie said:
i just ordered and installed West Coast Metric deluxe rubbers and trim as well as the 'cal-look' ones for my other bus.

quality parts. took a bit of effort to get the trim installed in the deluxe rubber though.

Good to hear you found some good quality seals. It's well worth paying the extra for good quality ones IMO.

These seals were always very expensive when VW still supplied them. I am not sure why since back then they were being mass produced on a far larger scale.

I'm also thinking of buying some window seals for my two Westies?
One of them is still in Alabama so shipping won't be an issue.
If you guys want to order the kit with me I'll get it put under the seat in the rear and on arrival I'll post it to you?
Just another option?
Let me know soon as I'm shipping in a couple of weeks?
Maybe we could get some discount on a bulk order too?
cheers,
Chris.

89Rallye said:
Sadly I can't give you an answer as I'm in the same predicament needing 2 sets of deluxe seals, so I'd be interested in how you get on.

Have you had a shipping quote from west coast?

I've looked at ispwest but there shipping costs are astronmical! :shock:

Nah, no shipping costs yet. Still trying to make sure I get the correct seals. Would hate for them to travel around the world and arrive the incorrect ones :roll:

Barkafer said:
If you guys want to order the kit with me I'll get it put under the seat in the rear and on arrival I'll post it to you?
Just another option?
cheers,
Chris.

Very kind offer Chris but I'm guessing if they are in your van then they will be about 3 months away??? Is that right???
I'm hoping to have mine in and finished by April so might be a bit close :cry:

DubBGood2Me said:
Barkafer said:
Just another option?
cheers,
Chris.

Very kind offer Chris but I'm guessing if they are in your van then they will be about 3 months away??? Is that right???
I'm hoping to have mine in and finished by April so might be a bit close :cry:

Once I get the green light from the shipper it'll be about 10-11 days on the water!
Got to get the reg doc from the vendor first which is in hand as I type!
Let me know what you think. I've just placed an order with WCM for delivery to my man in Alabama. Coming Fedex ground so I'll let you know how long it takes

Took 4 days to get from West coast to Alabama!

Your package has been delivered
Tracking Number:595760592470
Destination Address:Birmingham, AL, US
Tracking history
08/02/2014 07:52 Cullman, AL 35055, US Delivered
08/02/2014 05:20 MADISON, AL 35758, US On FedEx vehicle for delivery
08/02/2014 03:30 MADISON, AL 35758, US At local FedEx facility
07/02/2014 22:25 NASHVILLE, TN 37207, US Departed FedEx location
07/02/2014 12:49 NASHVILLE, TN 37207, US Arrived at FedEx location
04/02/2014 23:22 BLOOMINGTON, CA 92316, US In transit
04/02/2014 22:11 CARSON, CA 90746, US Left FedEx origin facility
04/02/2014 21:39 CARSON, CA 90746, US Arrived at FedEx location