Fitting after market rev counter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfgang

Reaction score
Picked up a smiths rev counter off eBay. It is four cylinder and for neg earth car. On the back is a spade connector marked neg and a bullet connector marked positive. Do I just run from these points to neg and pos side of the coil. I tried this and no joy.

Dont think so unless you want a fire, have a look on google there will be a wiring diagram on there

I bought the OE looking one.
Where are you located if your near Gatwick you can come round and check out the wiring, can't remember off the top of my head.

Thanks for the offer Brad but I am up in Brum. From the other comment above I am a bit worried I might have fried it by wiring up to the coil. Hope not !!

Ok. Done some digging around. How does this sound. Positive on back of rev counter to switched live. Negative on the back to negative on the coil. Earth the rev counter. Where can I get a switched live wire in the spaghetti of wires under the dash ?

From memory I think the pos goes to the points side of the coil and the neg goes to earth.

If there is a bulb for night lighting, it's wire will of course connect the the dash lighting.

Latest posts