My 68 Westy - as time goes by .....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, finally back on the road. Thought I’d put the sprints back on, so decided to follow it on with a sort of retro theme that may have been seen on a bus on the scene back in the old days on a bus on the west coast…

So, bought some vinyl off eBay and cut some stripes to suit. Tyres are 195/80 x 15 are seem enormous, I wasn’t sure they’d clear but they do …. *phew*

So, there you go. Just need a small set of steps now.

View attachment 8123View attachment 8124
Groovy man…. fine looking bus 😎🌈👍

I use my spare wheel as a step when I’m parked up. Mines got a 165 65 14 tyre on and that fits nicely and tightly into an Ikea bag when it’s in the van.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,liking the raise too. :)
Cheers Oz. That’s a cunning plan!

So, finally back on the road. Thought I’d put the sprints back on, so decided to follow it on with a sort of retro theme that may have been seen on a bus on the scene back in the old days on a bus on the west coast…

So, bought some vinyl off eBay and cut some stripes to suit. Tyres are 195/80 x 15 are seem enormous, I wasn’t sure they’d clear but they do …. *phew*

So, there you go. Just need a small set of steps now.

View attachment 8123View attachment 8124
Love it 👍

Looks great, those tyres are huge :cool:
They really are. I changed the one side over (from stock 185/80 x 14) and the van was visibly leaning, its 1-2 inches higher than stock. I really have to make an effort to get in :D One slight front tyre/outer arch rub yesterday, but it was an uncommon manouvre so no worries.

Latest posts