1/4 WINDOW SET UP

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ands1

Reaction score
At Vanfest I managed to build up 2 window sets of 3/4 & 1/4 opening bits, is there a general rule to where these go ie sliding door or the very rear side window? I bought the set ups for the two very rear side windows. I looked at other vans at the fest & they all seemed to be different so I,m at the thinking they,ll go where they fit??
Andy

Ok mine has three -

Sliding door
opposite sliding door and the adjacent window

The one adjacent the sliding cant be fitted for obvious reasons...

You have two so it really depends on what your interior set up is / what your doing with it / if you want symetry...

Hope its of help..

So will the 1/4 opening window set up not fit in the rear side window where the side door slides open over it?

In my Devon, two opening quarters were fitted in the back, one to the sliding door and the other on the drivers side rear window.

Im not sure if this is from the VW factory or from the Devon coachworks?.

Or a swap later possibly, VW didnt fit them next to the Sliding door and I cant see Devon doing it either unless someone had an off day.

My dormobile has one fitted to the drivers side rear window, and one to the (passenger side) sliding door.

I've seen quite a few with this arrangement.

Tofufi said:
My dormobile has one fitted to the drivers side rear window, and one to the (passenger side) sliding door.

I've seen quite a few with this arrangement.

yeah snap here.. i think its the most common arrangement?

Were these windows fitted as standard from the factory? or fitted by the various coachworks devon, dormobile etc?

your back widows are diferent to the front so it depends which ones you have bought

Latest posts