• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1968 Deluxe Sundial Camper Amazing Original £22500 ono

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mroldbug

Reaction score
This impressive Neptune Blue and white 68 Deluxe is a California 1 owner original from new, always garaged, documented to day one. Original everything and shows shockingly well. No rust or welding EVER! Paint shines like a diamond, no fade, gorgeous factory gloss. Interior is a one of a kind custom camper set up, built to order by Sundial of California, I have never seen another quite like this. Original flooring, headliner, everything, even the curtains!! Paint on bumpers and wheels is original, not a fluffed up and primped machine, but the genuine article original bus that has always been kept indoors and treated like a member of the family.

It is not flawless, but it is truly the cleanest early bay I have seen in years...and I see a lot of them. Add to that the fact it is a Neptune Blue Deluxe and the interior is a one off build by Sundial...it is an amazing find for someone who loves the "survivor" cars.

I plan to ship this over to the UK to attend VW Action at the end of August and Busfest at the beginning of September to deliver it to a new owner after one final voyage with my son.

Will consider delivery anywhere in the UK ( possibly even Europe ) All offers taken into consideration.

This is a special Bus, and I look forward to it finding a good home for it ( and to seeing everybody at the shows !)
abysaver.jpg

ga8aru6u.jpg

ybe9ymy8.jpg

u4yzu7ed.jpg

8u8umure.jpg

3avamy3e.jpg

6ahyqa7y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rhiX09l3IJs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And a short video I shot schooling folks on preservation.

Quick update...looks like a magazine feature article may be in the works on this Bus! I will update when confirmed. It really is something special.

Thanks to the moderators for the edited post ;) Well played!

Looks like the article is a go! Photo shoot shortly ( I will sneak a pic or two to share )

Photo shoot for the magazine has been done and if everything lines up as it looks like it will, the article will hit right before the show!

Two weeks from now she goes on the boat. A month on the water, and we are there!

I've got a few nibbles and a couple hard bites (folks sorting out mot and tax calculations) but no firm buyer at the moment. I would rest a bit easier knowing where it is to go prior to the trip...but I know people like to see and touch before they buy...it will be interesting to watch it play out!

Bump...packing for the trip this weekend...on the boat next week! Any offers or interest?

Shipping delay! (The silly bastards have not offloaded it yet) so it looks like the van will NOT be at VW Action unless a miracle occurs. But Busfest should be a go.

mroldbug said:
Shipping delay! (The silly bastards have not offloaded it yet) so it looks like the van will NOT be at VW Action unless a miracle occurs. But Busfest should be a go.

what a set back , fingers crossed it makes Busfest for you after all the effort and money you have sunk into this trip.

Made it in time for VW Action miraculously! Had a blast, now looking towards Busfest this weekend! Stop by your local magazine seller...I see the issue with the full article is now being sold!

Latest posts