• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1968 Westy for sale!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinco

Reaction score
Well I said I wouldn't do this unless we wanted to move up the housing ladder (offer now accepted on a new house!)
So.......
1968 Westy tintop
Imported from France in 2004
Restored by previous owner
Cut and turned front suspension, turned rears to suit, rides lovely
1600tp engine with vintage speed exhaust, runs a treat, been all over in it including loads of work when using it as a photobooth
Very solid bus
Split 15' steels with domed 'big logo' caps
Custom full length rack
Original front seats and door cards
Great condition Westy interior (minus sink/fridge)
Laminate flooring
10months MOT
Points to note
Battery tray gone, I repaired a few spots on the rear corner near the battery tray but it would be best to do tray and rear corner in one.
A few paint bubbles, bottom of the doors
Rear and sliding door quarter window frames rough (I have new ones - not got round to sorting)
Dent in the front lower panel (thanks to my lad trying to start the bus when in gear behind a car) should be a fairly easy fix for a body shop, its a 'clean dent'
Slightly noisy clutch release bearing, just noise though, I notice it but doesn't effect anything driving wise
Key snapped in passenger lock (again, been meaning to fix but not got round to it - easy one)
Loads of paper work

15 by Yeti Photography, on Flickr

17 by Yeti Photography, on Flickr

10 by Yeti Photography, on Flickr

Bus interior by Yeti Photography, on Flickr

Looking for around £12k

Below is a photo album with a few photos I have taken for mag features (and the features themselves) It gives you a fair bit of info in the articles.
http://yetiphotography.pixieset.com/68bus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Password - vwcamper

Any questions, just ask! Bus located in Devon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts