• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 RHD devon for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richlowndes

Reaction score
front%201.JPG

1969 Early Bay Camper for sale
Tax Exempt
10 months MOT
Volkspares 'Green' Engine around 30000 miles ago.
New clutch last week.
Alternator conversion last year.
Devon Caravette conversion
Pop top.
Sony CD head unit with aux input for iPod etc.
Sony6x9 speakers in rear and 5" in front.
New 70Ah leisure battery with split charge relay.
Cooker with two burners and a grill.
Sink with electric water pump.
Easicool fridge.
New curtains last year from 'Camper Curtains'.
Tow bar.
Brand new never used camper cover from Just Kampers.
New rear brakes.
Lowered with adjusters at front.
Nearly new tyres all round.
Empi exhaust.

Condition:
The bodywork is extremely solid and straight. There is almost zero rust other than a little bit of bubbling around the rear gutter. The battery trays are perfect, as are the wheel arches all round. The only rust is on the doors: the sliding door is practically perfect, though the front doors are both rusty at the bottom, though not visible from outside the vehicle, only when looking from underneath. The same is true of the engine lid, and the tailgate. On all of these, there is not too much rust, and it would be an easy and quick fix with replacement doors.
The chassis is also remarkably solid. The belly pans have been removed and the floor is fine. The chassis has been welded at various times in the past, but the work has been done very well. The van has been coach painted in Neptune Blue, not its original colour, but an original vw colour correct for the year.

Mechanically the van is excellent. The engine is really stong and the van will happily cruise along at 75 - 80mph on the GPS.
The brakes are very good, as is the gear shift.

The interior is original and in reasonable condition. The carpet was replaced not long ago, the curtains are new and the fabric along the walls was also done recently. The seat and bed cushions (including the front seats) have been retrimmed in black fake leather and are in perfect condition. The headlining is not great, especially on the poptop. I have just added new cab carpets, kick panels, and glovebox lid, though it requires one more door card to match the existing original one.

Number plate is VAL476G.
I am unsure of the mileage as I imagine it would have been round the clock.

Bad points: the heat exchangers are not currently connected.
I have recently broken the door key, so the van won't lock, though I am going to try to get another one cut. Otherwise, it will need new locks.
The wiring is not in great condition: Everything works as it should, but it looks untidy under the dash and would benefit from a sort-out.

If interested please ring Richard on 07878593289 for more information. The van is currently in Salisbury, Wiltshire.
I'm looking for £6500.

Pics are here:

http://s353.photobucket.com/albums/r366/richlowndes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

forgot to say, it's a 1600 twin port.

Rich, viewing one closer to home tomorrow - the other has already fallen through :( will get back to you at the weekend.

Latest posts