• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 Deluxe in red, lowered, whitewalls, UK registered, MOTd

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamilee

Reaction score
Recently imported from sunny Florida, 1970 early bay window type 2 microbus deluxe.

The bus has the deluxe chrome trim around the waist line, around the windows and the front grill, it had a set of new white wall tyres fitted in the US.

Van is FULLY UK registered, MOT'd and tax exempt, insure it on a classic policy for less than £150 a year!

It has been lowered a sensible amount, the 1600cc engine has been rebuilt, the tinware, heat exchangers and support bar have all been shotblasted and powder coated, a new exhaust fitted and it runs like a dream, quiet (for a VW!) and smooth. Fully serviced and ready for the shows!

The braking system was fully over hauled with a new master cylinder, new handbrake cables, wheel cylinders and shoes, I am surpised it stopped at all when I first drove it!!

It has had all the structural welding completed, this includes:-
Both outer sills,
front cab floor,
lower front steps (both sides),
front inner and outer lower panel,
repairs to 2 outriggers,
battery tray,
and some other non structural repairs like around the headlight bowls and windscreen.

The was completed by a local VW expert garage who restore and rebuild many old VW's.

She is a lovely original, full of character bus with a rear seat, complete with original VW Seat belts, I have located some curtain rails which I will include, which will aid making it into a camper or weekender type bus if you fancy camping trips in style!

She drives lovely, attracts plenty of attention and is sadly for sale due to personal reasons, I do love this bus and hope the next owner wwill love it as much and take it to the next level, or simply enjoy the experience!!!

The repairs have been painted in red oxide which is a pretty close match to the original montana red paint colour, the bus has numerous marks showing her age (46 years old!) and displays wonderful "patina".

You are welcome to view near Norwich (Hingham), or it will be at Viva Skeg-vegas in Skegness this weekend the 19-21 August.

Please call or email with any questions, I will answer openly and honestly!

Looking for £9500, sadly no swaps as I need to sell for ££ not another car!!! please either message me or call 07973 955952.

Thanks

Chris

Here is a link to plenty of close up photos - http://s90.photobucket.com/user/shamilee2/slideshow/1970 deluxe

A few photos :-
SAM_2241.jpg

SAM_2242.jpg

SAM_2229.jpg

SAM_2223.jpg

SAM_2235.jpg

On our way to Skeg vegas, hopefully be in the swapmeet area if you wanna come look!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts