• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 Deluxe Microbus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunyip2k

Reaction score
With a heavy heart I have decided to put up for sale my 1970 Deluxe Microbus, which I have now owned for the past 2 and 1/2 half years. It was originally supplied for the american market and was imported from Texas in late 2012 before being purchased and registered by myself as the first UK owner. She is a lovely dry and solid bus having spent most of it's life in the dry state of Texas. It comes with an extremely heavy heart that I must now sell my pride and joy but I wish to purchase a house and simply can't afford to keep and maintain the bus as well.

Here is a list of the following item's that have been fitted during my ownership;

Interior

* Rusty Lee Rock n Roll Bed

* 6 x 9 speakers + Sony Bluetooth Headunit

* 4 inch medium density foam bed / seats trimmed in fifty six deluxe blankets

* Oak veneered treasure chest / kick panel

* Premium Engineered oak flooring

* Aluminum curtain rails & handmade curtains with very strong magnets fitted

* Madmatz Sisal Front Cab Mat Set

* Birch Ply Door cards

Exterior

* Empi 5 wheels all round with good tyres

* Type 2 Detectives adjustable springplates at the rear

* Slamwerks front 4.5 inch narrowed link pin conversion beam

* Type 2 detectives drop spindles

* New shocks all round

* Type 2 detectives narrowed track rod arms

* New ball joints and drag link

* Front Chassis Notch

* Balls’d Rear Chassis Notch Kit fitted

* All Windows and Door Aperture Seals replaced except 3 of the rear side windows (Nice and wind / water tight)

Engine

* 1600cc single port engine in very good condition

* New Carb

* New Plugs, Points & Condenser

* Valve Clearances spot on and always checked twice a year

* Alternator conversion fitted shortly after I purchased the Bus

* New Flywheel oil seal

* New gearbox main shaft oil seal

* New Pushrod tubes

* New Valves & Springs

* New High Capacity Battery

* New CV Joints

Bad Points

The only bad points are a few small areas of corrosion which are in the following areas;

* Common battery tray area as shown in one of the photo's (ideally this needs replacing, however it has not got any worse during my ownership)

* Few small holes in the off side sill below the sliding door, please see photo (again not got any worse during my ownership and surrounding area solid)

* Off side front valance as seen in photo, surrounding area all solid. This section of the front panel was only rusted out due to there being a mouse nest behind it holding any moisture there.

* No headlining

Other than these areas there has been a patch to each side of the cab floor with the rest of the chassis being original and solid.

The bus has proved very reliable in the time I have owned it and has never let me down, taking me round the country to various Vw shows and camping trips. The bus can go much lower than in the photo's, however I find the current ride height the most comfortable and least crashy ride for Devon roads. The brakes work very well, having had new lines, shoes and cylinders fitted when I purchased her.

Price - £ 10,000 open to offers

Please feel free to call or text Josh on 07525 818686 if you wish to ask any further questions...
IMG_9147.jpg
[/URL]

Latest posts