• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 RHD Deluxe Microbus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayview

Reaction score
Land of long white cloud (NZ) formerly Northallert
okay, so we're off to New Zealand for a couple of years :D which means I have to sell the van :cry: . I've looked into shipping but I've been advised that its really not worth the cost and agro. plus there seem to be enough early bays over there to choose from. So, the long and short of it is that the van needs to go to a new home.

Its an OZ import (2005) microbus deluxe so has the chrome belt line trim (all there), vent trim, bumper trim, grey faced clock (replaced original with a pristine one - needs wiring up), two tone door cards etc...

Its running on the original 1600 single port engine, solex 30 pict 2 carb, electric iginition, desert condition airfilter, beetletwin exhaust... She has servo brakes so stops very well. 45,000 on the clock. No history with the van unfortunately.

The van is very original. Never welded and wearing her original paint (Safari Beige) apart from a repair to a ding just in front of the neaside rear arch/sliding door. There's an odd crease just near the rear moon shaped air intake - looks like the corner may have taken a knock at some stage. There are a 3 drill holes above the rear lights which appear to be from a previous owner attaching late back light clusters :roll:

The interior is original seating 8. Managed to source the rare ZProducts hinges (ask ddfrost) that allow the standard rear seat to fold down into a bed. The van is therefore not just great for ferrying family and friends around it can be used for camping without having to lose the middle seat. Also have a westy style cab bunk. New inertia seat belts all round (except middle two lap belts). Original Blaupunkt radio which I've added - needs wiring up.

Headlinging has a couple of small patched up holes. Front and rear seats in pretty good shape for its age. Window seals are all good with the exception of the quarter lights - I have replacements.

There's no rust. There is a small pach of 'sunburn' on the belt line at the rear nearside window - I put some Ankor Wax on as wanted to keep all original. There is the odd small scratch and ding but pretty amazing condition for age. Other than these minor imperfections there is no work required to the body work. Waxoiled underneath. Mechanically sound with a new starter motor, fuel pump and many other parts.

It's been stored in a barn over the winter so needs a new MOT which shes booked in for on Saturday. I've taken a whole bunch of photos that hopefully give peeps a flavour. Also took a video at the weekend :
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/radish11/video/?action=view&current=VCLP0105-1.flv

I'm looking for £7500

SANY0262.jpg

van1.jpg

SANY0209.jpg

van2.jpg

van3.jpg

van4.jpg

2569.jpg

2449.jpg

SANY0188.jpg

van6.jpg

SANY0226.jpg