1971 tin-top westfalia

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldschool71

Reaction score
hi there guys,

heres my 1971 westfalia. imported from california over a year ago. its had the front and off-side repainted, other than that its origional paint. had new curtains made and thats about it!

P1000275.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Peppercorn2006007.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Nice van fella! lovely and original, except maybe them sheep covers, er I mean seat covers :D

Welcome to the club! 8)

very tidy 8)

you can't beat a good set of whitebands

is it lowered (if so how)? it's got a lovery stance

cheers for the replys guys, yes she is lowered by about 2 - 3 inches at the front. the rear is stock hight. the beam has been cut turned and welded. the white bands are lovely, but an arse to keep clean, those disks chuck out alot of dust, spose you 5 studders out there dont have that problem!!!!

im hoping to get a nice set of twin carbs for the engine, maybe 34 ict's or something like that, a stainless exhaust sytem, and thats about it. shes great as is!!

i even like the sheep skin covers, there so soft on my delicate skin!!

cheers andy

"i even like the sheep skin covers, there so soft on my delicate skin!! "

ewww!! you drive nekkid!

hmm im gonna stop talking to you right now me thinks

this conversation is going somewhere i just dont wanna be!!!!!!!

oldschool71 said:
the white bands are lovely, but an arse to keep clean, those disks chuck out alot of dust, spose you 5 studders out there dont have that problem!!!!

no, that's not a problem with mine :cry:

but the solution is the acid stuff you use to clean alloy wheels with, brings em up a treat, even removes kerb scuffing

hmm il keep that in mind.

i was using white spirit and then tyre dressing to give them abit of shine. works well but they get dirty well quick!!!

Latest posts