• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 Rhd crossover lowered & narrowed.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vwwinston72

Reaction score
For sale is our much loved campervan “Winston.”
He’s a 1972 UK Rhd, bay window, cross over, walk through model.

We have owned him since 2007 and in that time have enjoyed lots of good times in him, holidays to Newquay, Woolacombe, the new forest, plus many days out and lots of VW shows!!
He was restored in 2007 and had various panels replaced including – both cab doors, tailgate, engine lid, bottom of the sliding door, front arches, rear arches, new rear bumper, new rubber seals throughout and an exterior spray job.

Engine:
More recently the engine has been rebuilt after finding both heads where cracked after a trip to Woolacombe bay they were replaced with two genuine VW 1600 heads, a rebuilt 34pict genuine made in Germany solex carb, petronix electronic ignition, standard air filter, various bits of tin ware, brand new bosch battery and a new bugpack 4 into 1 header and sport pack exhaust, butty's bits accelerator linkage, apart from topping up the oil I haven’t had to do anything else to it. Any spares I find will also be included with the van.

Interior:
The interior has been made by me as when we first bought the bus it was a blank canvas, it consists of a full width rock n roll bed, overhead storage in the back, buddy seat behind the driver’s seat with storage underneath, spice rack / storage shelves behind the passenger seat and a removable table. There is a dormobile pop top roof although it doesn’t have the bunks as there has only been two of us up until now we haven’t needed them it’s just very nice to be able to stand up in the back plus you get the benefit of much more light.
The cab area has removable carpets and the original rubber mat underneath, homemade headliner and door cards, cd player, glove box with lid, two 3 point inertia style seat belts.

Mot:
Currently the bus is mot’d until August 2016.

Tax:
Being a 1972 vehicle it is tax exempt!

Camping extras:
We are selling Winston ready to go camping, so he comes with a drive away awning and inner tent which sleeps two and provides plenty of room for all your gear when you’re on holiday or at festivals etc.

Exterior:
It does have a late bay front panel with the high indicators although the chassis number indicates that it is an early bay, the exterior of the van is in generally very good condition, although there are some places which could do with some attention – the front arches although structurally solid are very rough as they got filled and painted and never rubbed down, the front bumper although it looks a bit rough is very solid I just rubbed it down and quite liked the slightly ratty look of it so I never painted it. There are a few minor cosmetic bubbly patches one around the rear hatch and on the front arches. The pop top material does have some small splits in it but to be honest if the weather is horrendous we have always lowered it just to be on the safe side!

Lowering work:
The bus has been lowered properly with a 4.5 inch narrowed adjustable ball joint beam from Slamwerks, t2d 3.5” dropped spindles, t2d adjustable spring plates on the rear, new shock absorbers front and rear, low profile tires to the front and rear, it hasn’t been tubbed but does have all the right ingredients to go very low! Being a ’72 it also has disc brakes as standard on the front and drums on the back.

Price:
We are asking £9.995.00 the van is located in Ipswich, Suffolk.
We’re not in any major rush to sell, as both of us are pretty gutted about it! The main reason for selling is having a 7-month old little boy we’ve suddenly gained a whole load of extra stuff to take away with us and need something bigger!

I’ve tried to be as honest as possible, I do appreciate that the pictures are not the best but there all that are on the computer at the moment so bear with me, however any questions or for extra pictures please get in touch at [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts