• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 RHD Twin-slider Tin-top Crossover for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mig_man

Reaction score
A superb opportunity. I spent 5 years and 1000's of hours restoring this bus. All the bodywork has been repaired to a high standard and mechanically everything down to the smallest clevis pin was inspected and repaired or replaced as required. All it needs now is paintwork and an interior in your choice of colours and spec.

The entire underside was taken back to bare metal and thoroughly painted after being repaired. Any bodywork bits that would be closed in were painted before the closing panel was welded in place. As I was doing the work for myself I took no short cuts and the amount of time it took was immaterial. Numerous panels were replaced and I made quite a few of these myself as I wasn't happy with the quality of the ones supplied. All my own panels and repair sections were made out of zinc-plated steel (zintec) as it so rust resistant (but even then I painted the back of panels and insides of box sections before boxing them in).

The engine runs sweetly. It's a low mileage Mexican 1600 twin port with a Scat manifold and Weber 32/36 progressive carb. All the brake calipers, cylinders, hoses and pipes were replaced

The bus was finished late last year and I have since covered 500 trouble-free and fun miles in it. Sadly, since starting the restoration my circumstances have changed a bit and realistically I'm not likely to be able to use it for camping much so I'm reluctantly looking to sell it.

The bus is in West Sussex and I'm looking for about £10k for it.
I've some interior bits for it but they aren't fitted (they are in my loft and I need to look them out in the next day or so)
5 pictures follow but for more please see http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/detail/motors/classic-cars/volkswagen/campervan/121400" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts