• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

62 patina bug for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenhewkin91

Reaction score
1962 Tax Exempt VW Beetle for sale! I've owned this car for about 6 months now but can't really justify keeping it. 

Its a 1200cc engine, which runs great and has no trouble starting. I have given it a recent oi change, tune up and changed the throttle cable to fix an idling issue (previous cable was too short). 

The car is almost entirely original, the paint work has a awesome Patina on it, and it looks great. I think the only panels to have any work done on them are the front wings, the rest is the original paintwork. The interior is looking a little worn, but again its original and adds to the patina look. It has no carpet or sound deadening at the moment, but I do have a pack of deadening to include in the sale. (along with bonnet and boot seals).

The exterior is missing some of its original trim along the door sides, but again, I think I have the trim clips to include, just not the trim! Also to include I have a boot rack and retro vintage suitcase. 

The floor pan, gutters and heater channels are all completely solid. Not rot whatsoever. The underneath really is solid as a rock.

The car has been lowered on 15" slotted steels and has a Creative Engineering narrow front beam fitted. The car can go lower! Its has been kept undercover on a dry hard standing too, it comes with a car cover also. The owner before me, whom I knew, also had it dry stored when he owned it.

The Beetle passed its MOT with no advisory's. and has an MOT until 11th September 2015, and obviously its tax exempt so you don't need to pay for tax! The registration mark is also excellent 588YUK.

The insurance company (Lancaster) have an agreed valuation of £5000 for this car. SO its worth at least that.

I'm looking for a relatively quick sale and am open to offers, but this doesn't mean I'm willing to let it go for silly money.

Its a great little car, drives well, with no issues. Its a head turner too. And always attracts a load of attention.

Any questions please drop me a PM. If you want to come view the car please let me know. I can be around most weekends, or I can get someone around during the week if I am not there.

Photos
(in the pictures, one of the horn grills is missing, this has now been replaced).

So there it is! If you want to view, please contact me, any questions contact me! Again, I'm looking for round £5250, but am open to sensible offers!

Latest posts