69 Bay Smashed - Help please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rchest01

Reaction score
Folks,

Quick summary:
Sunny Sunday pm, enjoying our bus-based holiday in Cornwall, suddenly a Volvo V50 over-cooks a bend and our mint 69 is going backwards. Front is mashed, door buckled, floor and pedals up and we have no transport or accommodation.

Everything you fear about the insurance process kicks in and we are in the mire. Groaning over - please can we get some advice regarding repairs?

Our insurer/claims assessor/whoever the freak is involved is looking for us to propose a repairer. We are based near Leeds without a Scooby who to suggest as our previous attempts at finding bodywork resource came to repeated dead ends.

Any recommendations to contact regarding a front-end rebuild? Location is no issue as it is a non-mover and will need hauling but if there is somebody who can get her sorted by springtime I'd be more than delighted and relieved. I fear a mis-fitting Brazilian nose and disconnected heating if we can't find a VW lover so again please, can anybody help?

Gutted/annoyed/angry (but alive),

Richard

rchest01 said:
Folks,

Quick summary:
Sunny Sunday pm, enjoying our bus-based holiday in Cornwall, suddenly a Volvo V50 over-cooks a bend and our mint 69 is going backwards. Front is mashed, door buckled, floor and pedals up and we have no transport or accommodation.

Everything you fear about the insurance process kicks in and we are in the mire. Groaning over - please can we get some advice regarding repairs?

Our insurer/claims assessor/whoever the freak is involved is looking for us to propose a repairer. We are based near Leeds without a Scooby who to suggest as our previous attempts at finding bodywork resource came to repeated dead ends.

Any recommendations to contact regarding a front-end rebuild? Location is no issue as it is a non-mover and will need hauling but if there is somebody who can get her sorted by springtime I'd be more than delighted and relieved. I fear a mis-fitting Brazilian nose and disconnected heating if we can't find a VW lover so again please, can anybody help?

Gutted/annoyed/angry (but alive),

Richard

Ah that is horrible but at least you and whoever are safe !!! I would strongly recommend Sedona Atkins at birstall !!! Amazing skills and managed to pull my Mk1 golf wing back to honest !!! Amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you are ok. Irvs VW restorations up in cumbria is really good for bodywork and big enough to take on multiple vans.

I've not used these guys but hear good things. They're just over near the airport

http://www.vermontclassicsltd.co.uk
0113 391 0597

There's also CarLab in Pool. Again, not used them, but have seen some of their work and it is of a very high standard.

https://www.classiccarlab.com
0113 203 7271

One on One Restorations.
https://m.facebook.com/oneononerestorations/

Used to be in Burnley back in the day but looks like Steve's in Nelson now

Latest posts