71 devon moonraker nightmare rot box from hell

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mister said:
bananacustard said:
( nice to see Grizwald on here as well ;) ).

Ditto.... any bus with shag pile carpet and wood effect paint gets my thumps up! :D

Your fogetting the padded headliner ;)

009-5.jpg

Gonna try and get the front tub and inner arch done tonight if im not too broken by the days work..

Could you post up a piccy of the heater cable connections behind dash, and tube under the bus at the front end where it returns on itself & enters the mid cab? Cheers Andrew.

Had a good go at the old girl last Saturday, spent an hour welding new tub and inner wing into it, then another three hours with a 4 ton porta power tweaking the front arch into place to try and get some sort of correct gap.
Its such a pain when your undoing someone else's crap workmanship and having to use pattern parts (arch) which have been badly fitted in the past. (curse my lack of budget!)

005-5.jpg

006-4.jpg

(gap between arch and door has been played with since this shot :D )

Just needs some finishing off now, annoyingly my welder has packed up and is off for repair so am scuppered at the mo...

A new baby has slowed this already snail paced resto down to a virtual standstill this month, but i did squeeze in a little bus time...

Sliding door was beyond repair so another crapper was found, then i used a lhd rust free lower half (upper outer skin was used on another bus to re skin the window frame) and grafted the two together to make a rust free rhd Early Bay door!
Still got a little work to do on the inner frame but its getting there.
I also sourced some wide 5 front spindles and hubs to replace the small 5 brakes it currently sports.

Im going to fit thin rear arches (one already there) and basicaly age it by a couple of months.

031.jpg

030.jpg

029.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

Any more progress photo's?... I need some inspiration to get started on my rotten 71 Dormobile

ta

Update going on Wolfsburg Wizards facebook page at the mo as my phone doesnt seem to want to connect to my computer for some reason (annoying!)

Latest posts