• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

71 EarlyBay Tintop Camper

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

Reaction score
1971 EarlyBay Tintop Camper for sale - €13,500 / £9,925

I found this Early Bay in Santa Maria in California on Craigslist. It had all the hallmarks of a low mileage, low owner, OG paint Bus and that’s what I had been searching for in California for nearly 12 months. Although it had always been a California based Bus I needed to be sure of its condition so I asked Randy Carlson of Oldbug.com to view the Bus for me and give his professional and expert opinion on it. Randy’s email was glowing and advised me to buy it ASAP as good OG metal Buses are getting extremely rare, hard to find and when they are found they don’t hang about for long. That’s all I needed to hear so I contacted the owner and bought it there and then.

The only selling this because I've picked up a T5 which will suit for camping and my daily, I'd love to keep it but I can't have them all!

Just some of the work carried out on this EarlyBay:

*Engine just rebuilt 3,000 miles ago.

*LHD - originally from California.

*Imported into Ireland three years ago, dry stored.

*Rust free body.

*New headliner from Wolfsburg West which I had professionally fitted

*The entire Bus received a clearcoat in semi gloss so it still retains its OG paint without looking too shiny

*New rubber seals were fitted all round including front and rear windscreen, door seals, sliding door seal, near side and off side rubber and chrome scrapper

*Bought and fitted 4 new Commercial Rated Tyres 195/R14C.

*Fuel lines replaced and the carburettor was fully refurbished

*Heat and sound insulation applied throughout the Bus and now it’s as quiet as it is snug!

*¾ Rock and Roll bed complete with new upholstery

*Orignal seats shotblasted and powdercoated in black, along with new seat foam and TMI seat covers for driver and passengers seats, it sure makes it a comfy drive now!

*The cab floor had a small area of rust on each side of the floor, which was cut out and new metal welded in, the Bus is now 100% rust free

*Steering Pin replaced, all four shocks were replaced, new balljoints fitted all round

*All of the OG Deluxe trim is in place and was carefully removed prior to the clearcoating

*Being a 1971 US model, it has front disc brakes and servo as standard

The price I am asking for this OG paint, OG metal Early Bay Tintop with proven mechanicals is just £9,950 OVNO, I am happy to answer any questions you may have so feel free to contact me here or by PM.

The Bus is in Dublin, Ireland. I live just a short taxi ride from Dublin airport as well as both of Dublin’s ports so you can fly in and ferry home in your new Deluxe Early Bay, all in the same day! I can also deliver the Early Bay to the ferry so you can collect at the other side but funds would have to be transferred and cleared prior to delivery of course.

The price I am asking for this OG paint, OG metal Early Bay Tintop with proven mechanicals is just £9,925 OVNO, I am happy to answer any questions you may have so feel free to contact me here or by PM.

Bump.... :D

Shipping can be arranged to the UK from Ireland from £250 onwards depending where you are in the UK.

Final price drop to £9,600 ONVO - it's booked into a mates shop for a new bespoke interior in January, and the price will be amended then.

Rust free solid Deluxe Tintop '71 EarlyBay, new rebuilt engine, leisure battery, rock and roll bed, see full description for more details or PM me. I can deliver to Holyhead/Pembroke providing all the details have been agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts