72 but what interior should it be?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob b

Reaction score
So I got this a little while ago an I've been trying to find out what interior it should have

Here's a few photo's see of any of you guy can tell me

P1020620.jpg

P1020621.jpg

P1020580.jpg

P1020583.jpg

19f7d0c6.jpg

fcaf0cfc.jpg

262c57f6.jpg

b1c04c34.jpg

So hope some one has an idea of what should be in it

Cheers rob

Looks like it could be a Westphalia day van (ply roof) - but not necessarily!!

Hi mate are the side panels ply or are they laminate because the colour and look is like a riviera. Also the padded strip that covers the join in the roof lining also looks the same colour and design as the riviera there is a small plate on the passenger step outside this should tell what style it was.Dont know if im write or if this is any help.

thebus177.jpg

Where the colour has faded on the panel looks like where the table goes

hope this helps

Hello cheers for the feedback that plate your on about doesn't tell me anything heres a photo
948a1ac0.jpg

The side panels are ply also did Westafalia have a double bed as that's what it read on that sticker is there anymore photo's I could take that would help you know as I'm goin down to it later

Thanks again rob

The "M" plate will tell you everything. Its the plate with all the seemingly random numbers. Not the chassis number etc but the other one.

This is it you see I havnt got an m code plate for some reason it's been taken out
This is what I was hoping you guys could help

Cheers rob

So. Go my birthday certificate today for the bus what well help you knows what it might have been then ?

Cheers rob

I would say it's almost definitely a Riviera, like Monkeyboy mentions. I don't know this conversion very well at all, but I can see several detail similarities that look unique to your two buses.
The base vehicle would have been a Kombi. It would have arrived at the converters with nothing other than the factory side windows in the rear, and the grey paint finish that we can see inside.The top right number on your plate does appear to be the 'M' code or model number, with the '23' at the beginning confirming the base vehicle as being a Kombi (as opposed to '22' or '24' which would show it as being based on the higher spec Microbus/Deluxe models.) Sorry, maybe you already knew that much, with regard to the Kombi/Microbus bit, but I thought I would mention those details in case you weren't aware.

Hope this helps. I'm sure more light will be shed in due course. :)

Doug

Cheers for your help Doug yeah the model on the birth certificate is

231 641 Vw kombi with m codes

M 027
M 507

Cheers rob

Yeah man please that interior looks pretty rad
An there doesn't seem to be many around

Cheers rob

bottom rung said:
Hi Rob
Its gusting 55mph in a blizzard outside right now... might be a tick before I can get out to the garage to get some more interior pics. Might be later tonight if thats ok. Ta, Nick

Yeah no worries pal when ever you fancy no rush the weather has got bad here too do you know of many Rivera vans?

Cheers rob

Hi Rob
Just been to do some work on my van but unable to get any decent pics of the inside as it is crammed full of bits while I redo my front panel. you might like to take a look at http://www.rivieraregistry.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It doesnt get used much but there are some good links to brochures and parts lists. A few rivieras are starting to come out of the woodwork now. It might be worth starting a thread on the gallery page...... :)
Nick

I found that site the other day but I looked at the members cars an there wasn't a single tin top like mine on there :)

An yeah would be cool to start a topic but I havnt got many photo's of interiors

Cheers rob

Latest posts