• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

72, crossover bay with 1776 engine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robster

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the sale of my camper. I am selling due to personal (mainly financial) cicrumstances.

Its a 1972 bay window, LHD, originally a microbus and imported from california by someone else in late 2007, i bought it and picked it up from the port.
It's rust free and only had two small patches of welding in the cab floor area, this was carried out to a very high standard.

I fitted a new 1776 type 1 engine in july 2009, it has a 110 cam, lightened flywheel and full flow oil system with external filter and cooler, its running twin 40mm empi hdmx carbs, due to the fact it's been sitting for a while it could do with a tune up as it's developed a small flat spot, i dont have time due to work commitments to get this done. It has only done around 6000 miles since the engine was new and had regular oil changes.

The van had a bare metal external respray in Pastel white over Bahai blue in 2009 and still looks as good now as it did then. Around this time it was lowered 1 spline at the rear and adjusters welded into the front beam and lowered to a nice height, now it corners better and its easer to get in and out of the front.

It has a full width rock and roll bed from creative engineering and a custom interior made to our spec by Kustom Interiors in Devon, the panels in the back are covered in pages from a comic book and a laminate floor in the back, a new full length head lining was fitted when it was sprayed, the front seats are standard but covered in a soft furry cloth so no sliding off when you go round corners, its a walk through model so only two seats in the front.

In the past year i have fitted a full stainless exhaust, leisure battery and run 12volts into the rear of the van. also i have removed the roof rack but this can be included if the price is right.

I am looking for £12500, was going to ask £13500 but have knocked some off due to the engine requiring a good tune up, I am open to offers and have a few extras (window blinds, childs bunk and Just Kampers cover and roof rack) that can be included if the price is right.
I feel this is a fair price as i have seen other vans in not as good condition sell for more.

The wheels have now been painted since the pics were taken, when the weather gets better i will get pics of the underside but its pretty immaculate under there.

Thanks for looking, call Rob 07899 913393 or 01622 791764, if i dont answer then leave a message and i'll call back. Van located in Maidstone, Kent.

250.jpg

249.jpg

247.jpg

246.jpg

248.jpg

245.jpg

243.jpg

242.jpg

I have now removed the 1776 engine and fitted a standard 1600 engine, mainly for financial reasons, it still has the stainless exhaust on it, the 1600 is around 10 years old and has recently had a top end rebuild, its running fine but would benefit from a tune up.

For this reason I have dropped the price to £11,000 ONO

Latest posts