• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Amazing 69 deluxe w 1776 & complete running gear overhaul

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baron

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time no see! This is one of those 'cant believe I'm selling' posts :cry:

My van was meant to be a keeper. In the 15 years I've owned it I've taken a solid original stock deluxe to the perfect mix of custom cool, amazing driving and comfy camping. Its an outstanding, rock solid, super straight, 1969 Deluxe tintop in Montana Red that's won awards in past. Imported by me from California, via Kieft en Klok, in 2000 . I have overhauled entire running gear with no expense spared in the past 5 rears (redundancy payoff, yay!)

Pulls like a train, cruises at 70+ happily: Brand new race case (not rebored) 1776 SSP engine with 4000 miles covered (properly driven in and regularly serviced), progressive carb, external oil cooling, Vintage Speed exhaust, Cogbox reconditioned freeway-flyer gearbox.

Perfect stance, stopping & ride: 15 inch empi sprintstars, CSP front disc brakes, Transporterhaus 3.5inch dropped spindles, Type Two Detectives adjustable spring plates, Type Two detective lowered rear shocks, Creative Engineering adjustable front shocks.

Loaded with accessories: Deluxe trim to windows, beltline and bumpers, Creative Engineering roofrack, stainless folding ladder, jailbars, original retro and skate stickers and decals, NOS 70's 8-track and FM radio, sound deadening to interior panels (works a treat, no drumming), bambus parcel shelf, TMI trim panels, cream vinyl seating in cab and rear, custom Calyspso Campers installed interior, seating for four round folding table, removable 4th seat retains walkthrough, 85ah leisure battery, split charge system, 2 burner cooker, 12v fridge, sink, electic pump tap, 12v socket in rear, lap belt & 3 point belt in back, fixed 3 point belts in front.

A solid shiny van: Straight sides, good shuts all round, rust free gutters and arches, rust free chassis & jacking points, blow over respray in 2001 ontop of 99% original paint, no filler.

Some minor low points: driver side heater cable snapped, fuel guage not worked since 2002 (!) but not a sender issue wire was pinched when petrol tank was removed & replaced, rust bubbles under windscreen, light damage from reversing in garage to bottom of rear quarter, bubbling on rear bumper (mexican quality repro!), drivers cab floor beginning to rust (passengers side replaced), front shocks would benefit from being replaced with stiffer shocks, the current ones were perfect at 2.5 inch drop, but the extra inch means they sometimes rub on bumpy roads when van is loaded.

Basically, if you were going to own a van for 15 years trying to decide the best way to customise it, this is what you would come up with. Save yourself the trouble, have mine! To be honest, reading that lot back, there really has been no expense sparred, no wonder we're skint!

I'm selling as I just dont get chance to use it as I should with a commuter job needing a proper car for daily driving, and an expanding family.Plus I've already bought a replacement 1977 Eriba from Belgium!

Looking for £15,000. Its also going on ebay shortly with a £16,500 asking price, but I'd rather sell to someone from the forum who gets it and will appreciate it.

Also for sale separately (will post to for parts forum shortly):
Khyam Driveaway 4 person Awning
Complete set blackout blinds
Rare 80's logo Radio Flyer wagon
Deluxe in dash clock

Should add, the bus sailed through its MOT a month ago, just like every other year since I owned it. One of those buses the mechanics always say "that must be worth a bit now eh?" And you reply "yeah, but I'm not selling"... Until now : (

Buy yourself a great honest bus, keep up with the traffic without ear defenders and camp out in style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts