Best repair panels?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_B

Reaction score
Need to get some bits for repairs/resto work.

I'm probably going to use Autocraft for the rear corners and rear wheel arches - are they ok?

who would people recommend for the underside bits, ie outriggers and jacking points?

Thanks guys.

Matt_B said:
Need to get some bits for repairs/resto work.

I'm probably going to use Autocraft for the rear corners and rear wheel arches - are they ok?

who would people recommend for the underside bits, ie outriggers and jacking points?

Thanks guys.

Hi Matt. I just got Schofield panels, rear corner, rear tub, battery tray, closing panel and rear arch. You'll need a split tub for a 69 if the wheel tub has gone as the later ones are very different. Quality wise, I haven't bought panels for over 20 years so not a lot of recent experience however, the schofield tub (as I suspect most are, are difficult to form and has a lot of pressing marks. The rear arch and closing plate are perfect. The battery tray was a pattern one and looks OK but not as good a quality as the other panels, and the rear corner is ....... well. no returns on either end, so will have to try and fold both ends without mucking up the curve of the corner! Been thinking how to do this and still haven't got an idea! Just my 2 pence worth, and like I say, not much experience of other panels! Just ordered outriggers and sills from Custom and Commercial as they are "Correct Fit" ;) waiting to see.......

Cheers, Nick

'tis a gamble I'm afraid - some companies do better panels than others, but you can't guarantee which ones :(

I've used Autocraft panels for my split and they were perfect in every respect, including quality of metal.

BJ1 said:
I've used Autocraft panels for my split and they were perfect in every respect, including quality of metal.

Good to hear :D Shame they don't do more for the Early Bay, but I do appreciate they are a small quality based outfit.

Any recommendations for the jacking points/outriggers?

I bought a couple of JK panels for the front and they were a pretty bad fit. So bad in fact I didn't bother using them and bought some original genuine parts that had been imported from the states. The stuff FBI, Southern Kombi Parts etc sell ar all from broken / cut up buses.

Check my thread http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18988 on how I used imported parts.

I reckon it would of taken the same amount of time or longer if we had used 'new' panels which would we would of had to modify and make fit the bus.

Just my thoughts.

Latest posts