• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Beutiful 1968 Savannah Beige Early Bay Deluxe Camper Now Sold !!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyfinpoppy

Reaction score
This bus is now sold !!,
Thanks for all the interest

Hi,

I have owned and driven every make and model of VW Camper, its with a heavy heart i finally have to admit, i prefer my new stuff now, so,

Here is my 1968 Savannah Beige early bay. From the Palm Desert, California, 6 years ago. This is an OG paint, 1 key bus- after looking at several busses in the UK we decided we wanted a van in her original paint and no nasty surprises under a shiny new coat of paint. As you would expect from a van that has spent her life in the palm desert, there is absolutely no rot and the van has never had any welding or body repairs. The body work is fantastic, there are a few minor dents and scratches but they do not detract from the van in any way at all. She has been fully cavity waxed and under sealed upon arrival in the UK, but feel free to scratch off any under seal and you will find the original Savannah beige paint on the chassis rails.

Underneath she has had a mechanical overhaul- Rubber brake lines, brake shoes and cylinder seals have been replaced. The bus has a fully adjustable Slamwerks lowered and narrowed beam at the front with Transporterhaus drop spindled with new ball joints, new track rod ends, idler pin, bushes etc, new adjustable GAZ coilovers on the front. The rear has been lowered using a combination of Transporterhaus drop spindles and adjustment on the splines with new KYB shock absorbers. Virtually brand new commercial tyres. She rides very nicely with no scraping and not too bumpy.

The engine is superb, it is a 2054cc with all the right bits, approx. 120BHP and very torquey. It has a scat 74mm crank and 94mm B&P’s (the German Mahle’s), CNC ported CB Supermag heads with 3- angle stainless 35.5 and 40mm valves with Chromoly retainers. The valve springs replaced for single’s with correct spring rate (I still have the doubles). The case is a new VW case from VW Speed Shop with all case machine work done by them. The engine has 009 with electronic ignition CB rotary fuel pump/ regulator, hoover mod to the case and lifters, fuel flow oil with large oil cooler mounted above gearbox, and Fram external oil filter, Web 218 cam with scat lifters, smiths brothers aluminium pushrods, geometry all set, Jaycee pushrod tubes, twin 40mm carbs jetted and balanced for set up. The whole rotating mass Inc. clutch has been balanced, rods and pistons balanced and the heads CC’d all by Bears motorsport. The clutch is an uprated Kennedy stage 1 clutch. All new clutch and accelerator cables with Butty’s throttle linkage and roller throttle tube. The engine is only about 8.5:1 so not that stressed, pulls like a train but does not get too hot. The exhaust is a full stainless Vintage Speed Superflow system.

The interior is fantastic and has been custom built by Sam and his team at V Works. It features a rock and roll bed, Dometic 3 way fridge, Dometic twin burner gas hob, fold away table, Silent Gliss curtains, LED lights, all sound and thermally insulated. New head liner fitted by Oxted interiors. There is an 110Ah leisure battery, mains hook up and the electrics and charging are taken care of through a hidden ZIG CF9 unit. One of the vented underseat lockers contains the gas cylinder. You will be kept toasty warm by the Propex HS200 heater. The van is also fitted with a Retrosound radio, speakers in the front, hidden 6x9’s in the back and a small hidden Vibe free air sub.

Its difficult to price this as there is such a range in price and quality- This really is a van that ticks all the boxes so she is up at 19,995 but if you come and have a look and like her I may be willing to discuss the price.

I will send pics by request, you wont be dissapointed.

My number is 07850 710713, thanks for looking Tony :0)

Not sure where my other post went, you could've at least left my question:

Where are you based please OP?

Sorry mate,
I am not very techy, based in mansfield notts, i didnt deliberately delete your post ??, what was it again and i will send you the answers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts