Bristol Santa Cruz 2012 - Sunday 2nd December

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tofufi

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it's that time of year again!

This year, Bristol Christmas Cruise / Santa Cruise will be on Sunday December 2nd.

As usual, there will be loads to do, and all proceeds will go to charity. Last year, we raised £1000 which was split between our chosen charities.

6512697069_e999c46b4b_o.jpg

Schedule for this year -

* Gates open at Washingpool farm from 11am, with teas and coffee available. There might also be car boot sale in an adjacent field.

* CRUISE LEAVES APPROX 12.30pm. Route TBC

* Cruise arrives Fry's Club Bristol 1.30pm. We're sorry, but NO dogs are allowed at Fry's club - this is beyond our control.

*Autojumble, bouncy castle, raffle (see prize list below), kids activity table, hot food and bar as we have the whole of Fry's club booked this time.

* Cost is £5 per vehicle – which gives entry to the show-site and a cruise map. Please pay on arrival.

* Free autojumble/parts sales for private sellers

* Trade pitches please contact [email protected] - donations to charity are asked for from traders.

* As usual, there'll be prizes awarded to the furthest travelled and the best dressed vehicles.

So, you can catch up with your mates, do some Christmas shopping, have a great time on the cruise - and know that you're doing something really good raising money for 2 great causes - Prostate Cancer UK (http://prostatecanceruk.org/) and Corin's first steps (http://www.justgiving.com/corinsfirststeps)

For more info, you can join the facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/events/352095274878223/ or check out the website http://www.santa-cruz.co

More info will be posted both here and on facebook as and when it happens.

As usual, ALL interesting cars welcome, especially when the cars are decorated :) )

Raffle prize list so far:
409209_4929429800018_747937363_n.jpg

HUGE thanks to the companies and individuals who have donated raffle prizes to us. :)

383849_311974222160636_1510305749_n.jpg

375369_311209732237085_907634343_n.jpg

393192_311214662236592_1580465436_n.jpg

388323_311970638827661_278470514_n.jpg

380010_311212655570126_250244184_n.jpg

380019_311210225570369_253831338_n.jpg

Loads more pictures in this video

[youtube]ltAetY_LbNE[/youtube]

Well, there are only a few days to go now! :D

An updated list of raffle prizes, with more to come! Some awesome prizes, so a huge thanks to all who donated :)

390319_10200199258570621_897206039_n.jpg

And this year's cruise stickers...

155896_4326384235629_2057173948_n.jpg

Should be an awesome day :D

Well, it's only a little over 24 hours to go now :D

Just a reminder of the cruise route - http://goo.gl/maps/rP7Bo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Postcode for Washingpool farm (the start point) is BS35 5RE, postcode for Fry Club (the end point) is BS31 2AU.

And finally, the excellent prizes for furthest travelled and best decorated car:

prizes.jpg

Can't wait :D

Who's going then? :)
That look's a better cruise route than last year, better tank the Bus up it looks a long un. :shock:
I'll be there between 11-11.30am if it's not raining. :x Wont be going to Fry's & I only got 6 meters of tinsel so I aint going to win the best decorated Bus or furthest travelled either. :lol:
I'm not trying to be a Me... Meeeeeeeeeeee :evil: but here's a pic of mine from last year. ;)

santacruz2011.jpg

Your right Ozzie me Bus look's far too clean, it's even cleaner this year. :lol: :mrgreen:

Ill be travelling down with the rest of the South Wales Dubbers
Meeting at Magor services at 9 o'clock if anyone wants to join on

Well that's it my last Santa Cruz. :(
Spent the entire cruise trying to catch up with T4'S, T5'S, Passats, Mini's(new ones) everything bar Aircooled, they were coming from all directions & overtaking. :evil: even the Mrs noticed. :shock:
Sorry to have to say this the best thing for me was the ride up to Washingpool Farm the start of the cruise.
Anyway got to Hicks Gate then headed for Home. :(
Maybe I should feel a bit more Christmas, but it's far too early for me. :cry:

I went along, sadly I was one of the people in a T5 as I just hadn't had enough time to give SuperDry a proper shakedown prior to the day. If it had just been me going I'd have thought 'Sod it', but I had my 4 year old daughter and 8 year old son with me, and didn't want to risk breaking down with them with me as I've not used the van since August.

I thought it was a good turnout, there was a bit of of everything for people to look at, plenty of aircooled as well as the newer stuff.

There was some nice hot-rod stuff there too.

Either way, it was a good afternoon, helped along by one of the Washingpool Farm Shops legendary Pork Pie's!

You have a good justification for taking your T5 buddy.. but you gotta admit, it was very T4/T5 heavy...

My only thought as I said to the mrs on our way home (in the Touran :msn4: ) was that perhaps many people have now but their aircooled rides into hibernation for the winter....

I only did the Washingpool bit and it seemed to be well organised with a good atmosphere.. I'll go again :)

It must be just me, but why would the bay break down? I'll willingly hop in mine and drive anywhere with confidence.
On a slightly different note, I was a bit annoyed after stopping for a broken down Beetle on the ring road that nobody else even bothered to slow down and check we were OK, and that includes air-cooleds as well.

With respect Brett, the Santa Cruz isn't just for VW's, the Northavon Mini Club were invited but it seems that they put their cars away for the winter as well.

With respect Brett, the Santa Cruz isn't just for VW's, the Northavon Mini Club were invited but it seems that they put their cars away for the winter as well.[/quote]

Well we could go in my Wifes 2010 Fiat 500 then :shock: "not as long as I got a hole in my arse" :evil: Don't get me wrong it's a charity event & I got the greatest respect for Jim(Tofufi) & Martin Squire along with the KDC for organising this event.
I personally think the event has become a victim of it's own success, it's become too big to cruise the roads of Bristol with any enjoyment, especially for us looking up the arse of a T4/T5 in the entire duration of the cruise.
Maybe my standards & expectations are far too high but I do love me old Buses, sad...ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

well considering I was the only one in an Air-cooled in the South Wales Dubbers group I was disappointed that there were not more but who Cares . It was a charity Event that raised over £2000 . I have fully coated the underneath of my Van ( as Shorty can confirm) . I am not a Fair weather Driver so will be out over the winter months . If People look after they're Bays and do basic checks they are Reliable . Regular servicing and oil changes is what its all about.

:D :D :D :D FOR ALL YOUR RESTORATION AND AIR COOLED NEED'S "HOWLING WOLF SPEEDSHOP" :D :D :D :D :D :msn4: :msn4:

I was only worried the van would break down because I've had electrical gremlins and I wasn't sure I'd sorted them.
If I'd been on my own I'd have winged it, but I wasn't prepared to take the risk of anything happening (as had happened the night before) with my kids in with me.

That said, I was sad I didn't take the Bay, and it didn't feel the same in my T5.

Well, a huge thanks to everyone who turned up and supported the event :D

Also a huge thanks to Rich and everyone who helped with the organising to make it such a great day. ;)

I took a few pics, will try to post them later, but there are plenty on Facebook and so on too :)

terrier man said:
Well that's it my last Santa Cruz. :(
Spent the entire cruise trying to catch up with T4'S, T5'S, Passats, Mini's(new ones) everything bar Aircooled, they were coming from all directions & overtaking. :evil: even the Mrs noticed. :shock:
Sorry to have to say this the best thing for me was the ride up to Washingpool Farm the start of the cruise.
Anyway got to Hicks Gate then headed for Home. :(
Maybe I should feel a bit more Christmas, but it's far too early for me. :cry:

Sorry to hear it'll be your last, although I understand your reasons :)

I ended up leading a group of around 10-15 aircooled VWs, and made sure to drive at a pace which allowed the same vehicles to keep together from start to finish. While we'd love to do that, it's nearly impossible to find volunteers willing to know the route and try to keep a group together.

Regarding the newer cars, they don't interest me very much either, but that's not the point of the cruise. It's a shame they didn't try to stick with the cruise, however. I quite enjoyed the other retro/older cars including the hotrods and so on, but each to their own :)

sparkywig said:
It must be just me, but why would the bay break down? I'll willingly hop in mine and drive anywhere with confidence.
On a slightly different note, I was a bit annoyed after stopping for a broken down Beetle on the ring road that nobody else even bothered to slow down and check we were OK, and that includes air-cooleds as well.

With respect Brett, the Santa Cruz isn't just for VW's, the Northavon Mini Club were invited but it seems that they put their cars away for the winter as well.

While I agree with your sentiment, my (6 month old) electronic ignition failed as I was driving round the ring road on the way home - not forseeable really. In the 10 mins it took to find the fault and revert back to points, I had at least 5 offers of tools/help, so thanks to everyone who stopped :)

I didn't see the broken down Beetle, but I'd have stopped if I had. :)

Latest posts