Bumble - 72 Cross Over Minibus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super-G

Reaction score
Have been lurking on here for while, so thought it was about time I started my own build thread.

I've always wanted an aircooled VW, but back when I was 17 my dad steered me away from buying a Beetle as he wasn't keen on the idea of the welding work, leading me down the route of a soulless modern car. Earlier this year, when the opportunity came about to look after a work colleagues Bay Window whilst he's on work secondment in Dubai, I jumped at the chance.

A 72 Cross Over Minibus in what I believe is Savannah beige although I may be wrong. She's a little rough around the edges, and temperamental at times, but hopefully we'll have some good times over the next few years. Starting off life as a Minibus in central London, I don't know a huge amount about the history of the van, but has now been converted to a camper, but still with 7 belted seats.

So, I'm pleased to introduce, Bumble:

We've been away on a few trips in her over the past few months, here's a few of the pictures:

I have just done a H4 bulb upgrade for some improved nigh time viability.

Now I'm after a bit of advice. The rear lights got an advisory on the MOT and I've bought some clear lenses, what do people think. Should I go down the standard route or will the clears blend in a bit more over time?

Also have some new clear indicator lens to go on, but the screws in the current ones just seem to be turning. I guess the inserts are slipping in the base units. Any advice on how to remove these would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Andy :party0049:

That a lovely car. I remember my father had the same model but he sold it ages ago. I was young, but I remember every holiday me and me family was travelling in this awesome car. I will never forget every morning in Minibus. Now time is different and even my kids now they don't want to go for camping especially in car like this. They prefer Disneyland, aqua park stuff like this.

Latest posts