• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Californian Import Early Bay Westy - Ratty but SOLID - £8999

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here we have my 1970 Built Californian / Arizonan Bay Westfalia Camper.

Don't let Ratty looks put you off... It is one of the most solid VWs you will find.

I love the Yellow stripe, Pin stripes and the Logo on the sides - they are done by hand and original. I'd love to know what they were for or what they were advertising? The logo appears to be a Mountain, with Trees, Sunset and and maybe a Lake in the foreground...

The Camper is Rock solid - just look at those original sills!

It was imported this year (2012)

It has had the front seats re-trimmed to match the bodywork.

The rear seats / bed have had new (expensive - comfortable) foam for the cussions and have been re-trimmed with black Vinyl.

There is also a full set of Just Kampers Silver screens for the windows at night.

The roof has a new Just Kampers canvas.

It has MOT To Feb 2013

Historic (Free) Tax (to 2013)

It is fully UK registered with V5 in my name.

It has a 1600cc T/P Engine which has been fully serviced (points, plugs, leads, rotor arm, cap, oil etc)

It has Servo powered Disc Brakes

The Bus was built in 1970 in Germany (1971 Model).

This Camper is ROCK SOLID - there is red paint behind the under seal on the chassis. It doesnt need any welding and wont for many years to come!

It had been standing for about 8 years in Arizona USA and then was imported to the UK via California

The Westy Interior is tatty in places but has the rare sink unit!

The bus has had a battery tray and seat belt mount repairs since arriving in the UK - they have been done PROPERLY and are very neat.

It has had a full service and new flexi brake hoses at the rear.

There is a new battery, drag link and 4 new ball joints, new exhaust box, new servo, 4 new CV Gaitors too.

The suspension has been lowered 1 spline at the rear and has a fully adjustable front axle beam (2 adjusters fitted) - So it will go much lower if you want? Again this was done properly with the front axle removed and checked over before being lowered.

The Camper van starts and drives fine, the gearbox is a bit winey but very usable and all works as it should - I've been to a few shows in it without problems, the bed is comfy and there is a single hob in a box that we put on the sink unit to make tea.

The Bus drives very nicely for an old VW...

He is ready to go Camping with you.

Like I said, Tatty, but ROCK solid.... a great basis for your next camper... ;)

I love this bus but cant keep them all so it must go.... :(

Please ask sensible questions.

I can send these and other photos - in higher resolution - please just ask!

Viewing recomended.

Thanks.

My phone number is - 07970 459848 - (Please call 10am to 7pm only - Thanks - NO TEXTs / MESSAGES etc - Just talk! Thanks)

The Bus is in Bedfordshire.

I'm asking £8999 ovno.

IMG_7812-Copy1280x9121024x7301024x730.jpg

IMG_79001024x678.jpg

IMG_78781024x683.jpg

IMG_78731024x683.jpg

IMG_78561024x683.jpg

IMG_7794683x1024.jpg

photo51024x765.jpg

fby11024x633.jpg

Latest posts